icon

Suggestions on speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bfog99 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2003 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2003 Ford Focus SE 4 door with the Blaupunkt single disc CD player without the factory sub. I was looking into getting some new door speakers and was wondering if anyone had suggestions. I am willing to spend about 150 a pair. It has 6x8's right now but also holds 5x7 or 5 1/4's as far as I know. Later on down the road I was thinking about getting a sub too. I was looking at the Kappa Perfect 12.1 with the JBL BP 1200.1. I haven't looked too long yet, but does anyone happen to know if the Kappa Perfect's can come in DVC? I would hate to have that much amp and not be able to use it all but I want the ability to add another sub if I feel the need.

Thanks,

~Brandon

manning58 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2003 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
With that amp you better use two kappa perfects.   That amp is underrated as far as the watts go and you could blow that sub.  Yes, the perfects do come in dual voice coils but even then you would be pushing too much power into it.  If you had two kappas at least then you could lower the wattage coming out of the amp and they would sound awesome!
Niko Suave
Self Installer
nedgeworth 
Silver - Posts: 264
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2003 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
Just so you know those subs can handle a lot they are only rated at 350rms but can take a 1400 max. But i would say your probably better off just getting the JBL BP 600.1 if you only intend on the one perfect.
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2003 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

Funny you ask.  Over the weekend i replaced the crappy factory ford speakers in my sister-in-law's 2001 focus 4 dr SE with infinity's Kappa 572.5 CF.  I used the stock ford cd player (it took her 2 month to figure that out so theres no way an aftermarket head unit would have helped) into a Peripheral Electronics p554A LOC which is going into a Crunch Noxx P80.4 to power em.  There a little more pricey then you 150 limit but worth the extra money.

bfog99 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2003 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  

I was looking online at Crutchfield and came across the Poineer TS-A6880R, 4-way 6x8's. Has anyone heard these? Would they be worth buying? Or even the Kappa 572.5 CF's, anyone have any opinions about these? Any other suggestions? Question about the amp though... the 1200.1 will put out 600x1 @ 4 ohms. The kappa perfects can handle up to 350 RMS and 1400 peak (suggested at least), so why wouldn't it work? Thanks for the suggestions so far.

~Brandon

Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2003 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
pioneers would be my next pick after infinity...if i had the money..first pick would be pioneers. if i didnt
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
nedgeworth 
Silver - Posts: 264
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2003 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
It will work fine. Just you have to be very careful putting that much more power into a sub. If your using a dual voice coil sub ur amp will be running at 2ohms putting out a hell of a lot of power and even a SVC sub will be getting quite a bit of power. So this will mean you have to be very careful with your gain settings. If you intend on upgrading with a second sub later on then you will have power to spare with this amp but i still say the JBL BP 600.1 will be more suited to the application your wanting it for. Also depends on the wallet.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic