icon

'97 Civic window is screwed up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2003 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
Hey....just wondering if anyone had any ideas or has run across this problem before. The driver's window in my girlfriend's '97 Civic is acting up. One minute it works fine, the next it gets jammed up (and even crooked). When the window is like half way down, there's a lot of play and movement, as compared to the passenger window.
I had asked this guy at www.about.com, and he answered that there's a technical service bulletin (TSB) about this issue, and he even posted a possible fix. Here's that post. Her car is the year where it looks like we have to replace the run channels (which I thought were what ran up the front and back of the door for the window to "run" in. I just called Honda, and the guy said that the run channel is what goes along the top of the door....and what I'm looking for is the "sash".
Phew, anyone had this problem before?
Q: What's the best nation in the world?
A: Donation!     Donate to the12volt.com      
hotrodelectric 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2003 at 1:48 AM / IP Logged  
Can't say I've had that problem before on my cars (would an '87 Peugeot 505 Wagon count?'97 Civic window is screwed up -- posted image.) but what I would do first is take the car to your dealer and see if there is a recall or one of those so-called "secret" warranties covering this. The car is recent enough and Honda's reputation is such that there might be a remedy available- even if it is, say, a 50/50 deal.
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2003 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
Well, she finally took it to the dealer, and they replaced the regulator. (They didn't need to replace the run channel). They also lubed it up, as well as the passenger side door. They said if they're not lubed well, and the window sticks a little, it can go out of whack. Wasn't tremendously expensive, and now her window works again :-)
Q: What's the best nation in the world?
A: Donation!     Donate to the12volt.com      

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic