icon

Ungo Aux. function for shaved door handle

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
model x 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2003 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a shaved door handle kit and the actuator is activated by a ground pulse and my Ungo alarm has an Aux. function that when the button is pressed it provides ground to a wire. I've tried connecting that wire to the ground of the actuators I've tried 4 pin relays and I've tried a 5 pin relay but it seems as though that wire doesn't provide a good enough ground.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'd really like to put my dash back on

cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2003 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
Just out of curiosity, why are you using the AUX channel, and not the basic lock/unlock buttons for your alarm?
If you use the lock/unlock wire from the alarm, and the alarm has built-in door lock relays, then you should just be able to hook up the actuators to the alarm's wires. If the alarm does not have built-in relays, then you have to use a relay for each actuator.... wired like this (for actuators/reverse polarity)
If you're still going to use the AUX channel, then you still need to use a relay in the same manner.
Have I sufficiently confused you? Write back if so....
Q: What's the best nation in the world?
A: Donation!     Donate to the12volt.com      
model x 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2003 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  

cpgoose wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why are you using the AUX channel, and not the basic lock/unlock buttons for your alarm?
If you use the lock/unlock wire from the alarm, and the alarm has built-in door lock relays, then you should just be able to hook up the actuators to the alarm's wires. If the alarm does not have built-in relays, then you have to use a relay for each actuator.... wired like this (for actuators/reverse polarity)
If you're still going to use the AUX channel, then you still need to use a relay in the same manner.
Have I sufficiently confused you? Write back if so....

I'm pretty sure that the alarm has onboard relays for lock/unlock function but I don't have the harness for it and it requires programming or something, which means I didn't really look into it .Ungo Aux. function for shaved door handle -- posted image.

So there aren't any relays that require less of a ground to energise? The ground that the alarm provides on the aux isn't enough.

cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2003 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
Hmmm....I'd wait for some other responses. The AUX channel should be strong enough to energize a normal automotive relay. Be careful if you just hook up a wire to the actuator, you could hurt the actuator or the alarm if it's not correct.
Which model UNGO is it? Maybe you can find the wire harness for cheap on ebay.
model x 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2003 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  

cpgoose wrote:
Hmmm....I'd wait for some other responses. The AUX channel should be strong enough to energize a normal automotive relay. Be careful if you just hook up a wire to the actuator, you could hurt the actuator or the alarm if it's not correct.
Which model UNGO is it? Maybe you can find the wire harness for cheap on ebay.

Well I used some pin sockets from another plug I had laying around just to try it and the door lock/unlock function provides enough of a ground for the relay. Its still kind of a PITA that everytime I want to pop my door I have to disarm my alarm.

Maybe I'll pull apart the brain to see if anything looks fried.

BTW the alarm is an Ungo 850.

cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2003 at 6:20 AM / IP Logged  
Well (I'm just stating the obvious for my own understanding)....that the reason you need to disarm before you unlock is because you're using the AUX channel rather than the lock/unlock channel, correct? The reason you're using the AUX channel is because you don't have the harness for the lock/unlock channel? Maybe you can just reprogram it so the AUX button works as the lock/unlock button, then you can just hit one button to disarm and unlock your doors.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic