icon

90 acura integra, derringer 2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mak6962 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2003 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 1990 Acura Integra and my alarm, (Derringer 2),  has not worked for the longest time. A few weeks ago my alarm would start going off at random times for no reason, so I went ahead and deisconnted the horn. But more recently my alarm has been keep my from starting my car. I have came to the conclusion that my alarm is triggering the ignition kill switch or something somehow and I need to unistall my alarm, but I do not know where to begin? I have a dead car and no clue. Any suggestions anyone???

Thanks

cool_greg 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2003 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
well, it looks like you will have to go looking under the dash, unplug the brain or pull the fuse for it or find the starter cutout relay and hook the starter wire back up the way it should be.
Just a Guy, Wiring up those Vehicals
---------------------------------
Gool_Greg
mak6962 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2003 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
I have unpluged the brain, there was a large fuse plugged into it that had a rainbow of different color skinny wires. I looked under the steering cloumn and I noticed a thick, black with a small white stripe, wire that is split and it has a thick purple wire connected to each end and they both connect to small black box that has a thick yellow wire looped to it with a small black wire coming out the other end, and that wire is grounded to the frame. I get no engien light when I turn my key only the beep from keeping the keys in the ignition.
cool_greg 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2003 at 6:58 AM / IP Logged  
looks like you want to re-join the thick black with a white stripe wire (dn't forget to remove the purple wires going to it), according to the wiring database here, that is the starter wire, so once that is joined you should be able to start the car.
Let me know how you get on 90 acura integra, derringer 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Just a Guy, Wiring up those Vehicals
---------------------------------
Gool_Greg
tv4free 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2003 at 3:05 AM / IP Logged  
ok so i dont know if you know what you are doing. but dont go cutting or pulling anything. the best way  is to cut the wires  that are coming from the alarm to the black and white wire. this is your starter wire.white is constant, black and yellow is your igntion yellow is your acc.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic