icon

95 Plymouth Neon Factory Alarm Replacement

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eduzerve 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2002 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  

OK thanks, I will do, but now I have another problem. I was fooling around saturday afternoon with the power locks on my neon, trying to get the alarm to lock and unlock the doors (I can't figure out what kind of powerlocks my car has, I think its 5 wire positive but I don't know), and fooling around as I was I installed the relays the same as in the diagram. The fuse blew, and now fuses keep blowing. I checked the wiring but can't find anything wrong (I replaced everything as it was..., took out the relays and didn't install the new alarm) What I did was cut the ORANGE / violet and pink/violet wires on top of the dash bellow the cover, and installed the 30 pole to the motor side and the 87a pole to the right switch (in each of the wires and each of the relays), the 87of both relays, 86 of unlock and 85 of lock to fused 12v, 85 of unlock relay to unlock cable of alarm and 86 of lock relay to lock cable of alarm and tested it and it didn't work. What's more, I cant get any fuse to work on the power locks, they all blow. What did I do wrong? I don't know how to resolve this but I dont' have the time to take it to a shop (besides I can't be that far from finding the problem, I think with right guidance I can take it on my own).

Thanks I will let you know about the oem alarm but I think that it really is factory and not dealer installed, I will check it

Eduardo

padawan 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2002 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
I had the same proble with my car (fuses kept blowing), I thought it had 5 wire locks but they were really positve locks...try wiring them for positive...
eduzerve 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2002 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  

Padawan,

How did you solve your problem about the fuses keeping blowing. Did they keep blowing even if you returned everything to normal? I mean, did you return everything as it was or did they keep blowing with the alarm installed?

Eduardo

padawan 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2002 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  

I changed the way it was wired, I wired the lock/unlock relays for positive instead of 5 wire reverse...no more fuse pop.

Also, make sure the ground wire on ur alarm is grounded well, that makes a big difference...

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic