icon

power locks 99 Chevrolet Tahoe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Kara 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2003 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  

I purchased a 1999 Tahoe , front locks would not work.  Dealership sent truck to private garage non dealership to fix.  He installed 2 front door actuators.  They went out within 2 days.  He did the same again and put a new relay in.  w-in a month same thing.  This has happened 7 times now.  I even got a new keyless installed aftermarket.  I am very disgusted,  I know the garage isn't taking advantage because he has not charged me for the locks and the labor each time except on the keyless, but he is getting frustrated he said that this has never happened before.  He said that he has tested everything.  The next step will be to rewire the locks.  Have you ever heard of this happening?  The motors smell hot when they go out.  Also I have came out to my truck am and it would not unlock to the problem occuring while driving.  Sometimes all of the locks engage and won't unlock at all.  I have to go to the garage or pry them up. 

kara
Ronald Mark 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2003 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
did he replace the switch? it sounds like its sticking. when it sticks it will hold the lock sol. engaged, thus burning up the sol.
Kara 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2003 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
If I recall, he said that all of the actuators were controlled by the driver's side door.  That must mean from reading the information on switch's that only the drivers door has a switch.  No, I do not think that he did.  But why only the front 2 locks every time the back ones still work? 
kara
Ronald Mark 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2003 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
it has a membrane inside the switch, it bends after time. different membrane between front and back.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic