icon

’03 Ranger PATS 3? Bypassing

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
unprofessional 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2003 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

Getting me a remote start to install and I need me a good bypass for my transponder thingy.  I don't want one that requires a key inside it though.

So where can I get a starter bypass that works on my truck (most only work on older models) AND doesn't require me to give up a key?

unprofessional 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2003 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
No one knows this?
gwhous 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2003 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
   What about bypasskit.com?
gwh
unprofessional 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2003 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
Says only for 2001 and earlier...
elrayodesinaloa 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2003 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
I haven't seen one where you don't use a key. If your fear is about someone getting under the dash and pulling off the key (which by the time they do that the alarm will be going crazy) , just cut the metal part and leave just the plastic part where the transponder is.  Customers have come to me and tell me they only have one key (transponder key) and what I do is have them get two copies (regular keys) and I chop the metal part of the transponder key , remove the ring, atach the key to the ring and hide it from the world.  Then I install the alarm and remote start  just like a regular car with no other special modules. After all if you worry about security that's where the alarm comes into play, if not why would someone want a security system in the first place? Your problem is if you're just doing the remote start and no alarm that's another story.
unprofessional 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2003 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  

Well I was afraid I'd have to do it like that.  Reason why I didn't want to have the extra key is because that costs me extra money on top of the bypass unit and a stand alone would probably be cheaper if there was one.  Great idea with cutting off the key part though.

Thanks for the info. :)

elrayodesinaloa 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2003 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
Hey is not that much, to get a set of new keys at walmart it'll cost you about what? 5 bucks for both of them?? once you do that trick  I told you about you don't have to go to the dealer to get transponder keys, now those keys are expensive.  on the contrary to spend money you'll save because with this trick you don't need a bypass module.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic