icon

555L - Everything reading 12V?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
goldfinger 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2003 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  

I've spent 2 solid days trying to hook this thing up and make it work.  The car will start and run for 1 sec, and then it dies.  The theft light never comes on.

As a last restort I started testing the leads coming off the 555L, every one of them read 11.x V constant. I unhooked *every* wire except the 12v (red) wire and tested them...... every single wire in the harness including the passlock and passlock ground wires read high 11.x V constant. I'm not an expert, but I don't see how this could possibly be right when all but 1 are listed in the book as - wires.

I called my dealer and they said I was testing wrong, the unit couldn't possibly be defective. I'm testing with a DMM putting the black probe on ground and the red on the wire I'm testing, could this possibly be wrong?
I tested with nothing hooked up except the 12v feed into the 555L.
Here's the values I got off each wire:
Yellow/Black: 11.21 (passlock)
Yellow: 11.12 (passlock)
Pink: 11.85 (to ignition)
Blue/Black: 11.96 (status)
Violet: 11.96 (starter output)
Black: 11.86 (passlock grnd)
BLACK/ White: 11.05 (bulb test)

What the book lists:

Yellow/Black: R-Code

Yellow: R-Code
Pink: (+) Igniton Output
Blue/Black: (-) Status Input
Violet: (-) Input from starter relay
Black: Passlock Ground input
BLACK/ White: (-) Output to blub check wire

Thanks for your time.

mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2003 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
unplug the power wire from the 555l and test for continuity between the wires on the 55l none of them should have continuity if they do the unit is defective.the yellow black and the yellow may have continuity but the rest will never.
goldfinger 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2003 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  

mobiletoys2002 wrote:
unplug the power wire from the 555l and test for continuity between the wires on the 55l none of them should have continuity if they do the unit is defective.the yellow black and the yellow may have continuity but the rest will never.

Thanks for your reply.  I tested and I didn't get a beep on any of them, not even the 2 passlock wires.

Any ideas as to why as soon as I plug in the power everything reads a steady 12v?  The car starts runs for about 1 sec and dies (no security light).  I've spent over a week hooking this whole unit up. 555L - Everything reading 12V? -- posted image.  Is the 12v out of all the wires normal?  I really have a hard time beleiving it is.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic