icon

2000 Maxima remote turn on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kirkieb 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  

Does anyone know where I could tap into a wire for a remote turn on to an amplifier. The wire harness in this car (2000 Nissan Maxima SE) does not carry a remote wire. There's a wire for ignition which I don't want to use because I only want my amplifier to turn on when the stock radio is power up.

Also, do I need to see the dealer if my stock radio wont turn on because I unplugged it from the wire harness?

Thank you in advanced.

"Life is like a jigsaw puzzle... You better match the right pieces together.
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  

I'm assuming you mean it won't turn on because of the anti-theft code?  There are places online (for example http://radio-code.com/page4.htm) that will retrieve the code for you, provided you give them the serial number (required to determine the code).  Or were you talking about something else?

as for the remote wire, just out of curiosity what is wrong with using the +12v switched wire?  The only reason I can think of that you might want to do this is if you frequently have the key in the "Accessory" position for whatever reason, but keep the radio turned off.

But if you do find yourself in such a situation for some reason, these diagrams might help you locate the appropriate wire.  The only one that you could use would be the rear amp turn on wire.

Also, if you take a look at this pic you'll notice that the two plugs on the right side of the pic look kinda like the ones that are in your vehicle.  Now look at the bottom plug on the left side, specifically at the blue wire witha  white stripe.  Well if your vehicle's stereo has a remote turn on output built in, it will correspond with that wire.  Notice on the plug on the right there are only 4 wires (the two sets for the rear speakers).  If your vehicle has the separate factory amplifier for the rear speakers then there should be a wire on the factory plug at that pin location that the blue/white wire is.  If not, then you're pretty much stuck with using the +12v switched wire that turns the radio on and off.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
ViperATC5 
Copper - Posts: 202
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
Another suggestion that I would have if you are looking for something that will only turn on your amps when the radio is on is to use a LOC that will provide a 12v output signal when an audio signal is present. I assume you are using your factory deck to add an aftermarket amp - These modules require a 12v switched power input which your car has in the harness and will provide you with the remote lead only when audio is present (ie when your deck is on). Best Buy sells the PSI2 module capable of this for $40.
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  

Does it have a sub in the rear deck? If i does you can splice into the turn on that turns that subs amp on.  I did it on a 00 sentra. Works great. 

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
kirkieb 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  

ok  ... I guess I'll have to use the 12v switched in my harness for remote turn on.

However,  yesterday I unplugged the wire harnesses  from my stock radio just to connect my line output converters

(by the way the LOC that I have does not have a 12v switch power: it has 2 sets of wires, set 1 for left speakers - set 2 for right speakers and two grounds which are optional. I did not connect the grounds because they are to be connected only if there's no sound)

However, after plugging back the harness I completely lost power to my radio... it wont turn on at all..

esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
Chec all of the fuses in the vehicle (doing a continuity check with a multimeter if possible).  It's probably a blown fuse.
Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
kirkieb 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  

Finally got things up and running the way it should be. Thanks a lot guys... my project have been completed. My system sound sweet and best of all no NOISE.

esmith69 --- It was a blown fuse in the engine compartment

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic