icon

2003 Harley Davidson subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
elrayodesinaloa 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
I need to get some bass into this car but so far I've wasted tons of wood and nothing seems to work. Anybody has any ideas about putting a subwoofer or two into this truck?  I'm tired thanks
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
lift the rear seat and make a box under it....thats a traditional method for trucks with a rear seat.
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
elrayodesinaloa 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
it's got separate seats with center console, not much space to build a box there.
elrayodesinaloa 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  

that's a cool logo what does it mean?

elrayodesinaloa 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
I tried to modify the back to install two 8" kickers but then the reclinable seats won't lock into place. There's little clearance.  I'm thinking of modifying the center console and build a box there but I'm sick of cutting wood already.
Maxst 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  

ahhh...thats kool, its a 2+2..neato

the logo is from a forum that deals with my other hobby. Nitro powered r/c.

Im in another team....but the logo isnt workin

audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I have a 2003 Harley with a JL Stealthbox installed in the rear console. The output is excellant. It plays low and very quick and tight. It is a bit ineffiecient though. A Hifonics Zeus Series 8 (900W @4 ohms Bridged) sounds the best out of several other brands tried, Total Stealth for about $500! The whole sub install took about an hour. You will loose storage in the rear console however the install bill for a custom box is the other option. Amp mounting is a bit of a challenge. Installed a fan behind the console, A small hatch which clips in to cover below the rear window was easy to mount a 5 inch fan which keeps the Zeus and ADS PQ-40.2 very cool!Good amount of space under the center console for audio gear or alarm. Good Luck!
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
Here is the link: http://www.jlaudio.com/stealthbox/f150_CTR4.html
I see they added a 2003 and up Expedition 10" sub for front center console. So now you have a choice of the 12" rear console or the 10" front console. If you do decide to order one, it might take a month or so for delivery.
A seperate note: Watch the Goodyear GT II tires, the wet tracktion is horrible. Serious Hydroplaning problem! Dry trackion is exceptable. I have 12,000 on the current set and I'm replacing them ASAP!
elrayodesinaloa 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2003 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
This is like an aspirin to my headache. Sounds pricey but I see no other option at this time. What do you think will give the best bass? the 10 inch in the middle or the 12 on the back, I'd say the one on the back is better. Thanks!
Maxst 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2003 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
what about makeing two boxes and lifting each seat up and but them under there? i have no idea what it looks like...but im sure you can make your own box for it tons cheaper....
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic