icon

my remote only plays song?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
em6544 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  

when i use my remote starter, it keeps playing a song, but will not start or yurn alarm on or of. is there anything i can do to remedy this problem? its a delta pro 5005 lcd pager remote starter

thanks

fordfan 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
I guess its a new install right? Check to make sure your alarm triggers are not activated(grounded). Does anything work such as doorlocks, lights flashing, or trunk release? Is your valet switch in the correct position? Does your manual have a trouble shooting guide to help you any?
em6544 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
its really not an new install, had it for about a month. i didnt install it myself so i dont know what the alarm triggers are, sorry. but if i keep hitting it over and over eventually it sometimes will work. i have no clue what the valet switch is either, the guy who installed it seems to be confussed as well. and also i didnt get the manual from the guy who installed it. will call him to see if he still has it. but if you can think of anything else that i can try please let me know thanks. but its either the music plays and nothing or it works sometimes.
fordfan 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
may sound dumb but have you changed the batteries in the remote it`s possible that the batteries were weak before you got it. Does it do it with both remotes? The valet switch is usually mounted under the drivers side dash,it will either be a small toggle switch or a pushbutton.
mcmism 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2003 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
man that sucks. sugest having that wiring looked at if the installer dosent know what a valet swith is. fire and cars dont mix! lol sorry MCM
em6544 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2003 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
i dont believe the valet switch has ever been tampered with, i am the only person who drives the vehicle. i have tried new batteries, well i guess they wrere new, but will purchase some new ones to see if that does it. thanks.
brianh 
Silver - Posts: 516
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2003 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a Commando FM 760 that had the same problem. The tech guy at Commando said that I did not have the remote programed right. I tried that and it didnt help. I finaly ended up sending the unit back and the 2 way remote had a flaw within it. Will the other regular remote work the system?    Brian
                                Sight & Sound Car Stereo
em6544 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2003 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
it comes with two remotes one is the LCD one and the other  is regular, the regular one works fine, dont believe you can start the vehicle with the regular one though. it doesnt have a key button on the regular one! i sent an email to the manufacturer hopefully they will just send me a new one.
brianh 
Silver - Posts: 516
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2003 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
Did you make sure that the unit is programmed correctly? I am not familar with this alarm so I am not much help. Make sure that the neutral saftey wire is hooked up right and that the hood pin switch is not seeing a ground. If those are right and you have a good tach source then I would say it is a problem with the remote(or cpu) Good luck with it.   
Brian
owner/installer
Sight & Sound Car Stereo
"all electronic equipment runs off of smoke, once you let it out, it stops working"
em6544 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2003 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
i will have the gut who put it in to take a look at it tomorrow. thank again!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic