icon

poor reception, need help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
Anybody that has any experience with Pioneer head-units, please help me. I recently installed a DVH-p5000mp into my car, and I had better reception with my stock radio. I was looking through the installation manual, and in the notes, it states:
"When this product's source is switched ON, a control signal is output through the blue/white lead. Connect to an external power amp's system remote control or the car's Auto-antenna relay control terminal (max. 300 mA 12V DC). If the car features a glass antenna, connect to the antenna booster power supply terminal."
My 2000 Nissan Altima doesn't have an external antenna, so I'm assuming that it has a glass antenna. What is the antenna booster, and if my car does have it, where is it located?
Thanks in advance!
anonymous 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
There will be one or two connections on your rear window other than the ones for the rear defroster. If you follow the wire a short distance there should be a small box that will have an antenna connector going into it. An even better idea is to if you have an antenna adaptor in the car to be sure that you didn't plug it in backwards(I've seen it done and it does cause poor reception) What you can also try is if you haven't cut your factory radio plug yet, plug the factory radio back in and test wires for one that goes 12volts when the radio is turned on.
Happy metering
Anonymous
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  

Did you use a wiring harness like the Metra 70-7550 to hook up the pioneer?   If so, hook up the pioneer's blue/white wire that you described, to the solid blue wire in the metra harness (marked "Power Antenna").  Also just take a look at the factory side of the plugs to see if there really is a wire at that pin location as there may not be.

If you didn't use a wiring harness, the only info I can give you is that I know that for the 02 maxima the power antenna wire is supposed to be green with a white stripe.  Obviously I can't guarantee it'll be the same for your altima so make sure you verify the wires with a multimeter.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2003 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
hahhaha, thanks esmith69, you got it. I was bench testing my deck, and i only hooked up the essential wires (power, constant power, ground, rca's, and the antenna) for basic listening, forgetting about the blue wire. I got so happy that i just screwed in the deck and completely forgot about the other wires. hahahha, GO METRA!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic