icon

97 Tahoe Remote Relay

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
affwah 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 97 Tahoe 4DR and rear barn doors. My remote will only unlock the drivers door and the rear doors, It will not lock any doors nor will it unlock all doors. I also have tried a new remote it does the same thing.

All of my manual buttons work to open and lock the doors. I found the relay for these, but I need to find the relay for the remote. Can someone tell me where the location of the remotes relay is located so I can get a replacement without paying an arm and a leg to "find" out what my problem is?

Thanks

Steve

eurotek 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  

relay for the remotes? never heard of that, you must mean the keyless entry module.  I assume you are refering to the "factory" remotes.  chances are that your remote is bad,

affwah 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2003 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
eurotek wrote:

relay for the remotes? never heard of that, you must mean the keyless entry module.  I assume you are refering to the "factory" remotes.  chances are that your remote is bad,

SO you are saying that the keyless entry module has the relays built into it to lock all doors and unlock all doors?

I bought a new remote and it does the same as the old, only unlocks the DS Front and Rear Cargo doors.

Do you know where this entry module is located?

Thanks

Steve

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 25, 2003 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
The electric doorlocks in many GM products tend to stiffen up over time. There is no reason to believe your relay(s) are bad just yet.
Look at the lock lever on each door while you operate the power door locks-----do they seem to at least be moving a tiny bit? What if you hit the power lock/unlock switch rapidly back and forth? What if you sort of "help" the doorlock with your finger at the same time you work the electric locks?
Basically, if the locks on one or more doors work a little bit, but not too great, the next step is to remove the door panel and start lubricating stuff, and if that doesn't work, a new actuator might be needed.
eurotek 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2003 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  

if your switches work and remote doesnt, then i would guess your keyless entry module is bad, i have no clue where it is.. call the dealer, they usually will tell you where to look

sorry i cant help you

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic