Posted: August 20, 2003 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  

JamesRH wrote:
xtant...bad

That is the stupidest comment I have ever heard. what a dumb ass

Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2003 at 2:16 AM / IP Logged  
James really needs to look into things before he runs his mouth so much...
what is good james? if you are calling Xtant bad, you had better back it up with something...and mebbe give some kind of explanation for revealing your ignorance and/or idiocy...
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2003 at 2:29 AM / IP Logged  
I've never run Xtant's before, but I've heard of their reputation. This is probably the first time I've ever heard anything negative about them. I would be very interested as well to hear just why "Xtants...bad".
Try to give examples/reasoning and you wont get slammed so much. We all have our own opinions, and make mistakes as well. But just saying "Xtant...bad" doesn't cut it around here! Examples man, give examples
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
wizzle 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2003 at 2:50 AM / IP Logged  
this is also the first time that i have ever heard anything bad about xtant.  been dealing with them for years, and just about every customer underestimated the woofers (and amps).   always had raving reviews from mags to everyday joes. was an apprentice at a custom shop a while back, and from the crazy custom enclosures, to the most basic, never heard one sound bad.  sell the x1244 for $299 out here.  excellent bang for the buck, with extrodinary clarity.  would be a great choice on a woofer, especially given the recent feedback...
JamesRH 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2003 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  

Xtant subs? Anygood? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.you guys take things to heart ALOT

I have never touched an Xtant Product and with reason...I once looked into carrying the line about a year and a half ago, mainly because one of the reps i delt with for other products caried them as well, I was on good par with my rep, hence asked him about them. Story was that they suck, they have a huge amount of product return on warrently, which is slow due to all the claims they have, and their subs are their biggest downfall...When a Rep tells me his product sucks....its BAD

have a good one guys, next time just ask for an explination, don't have a temper tantrumXtant subs? Anygood? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2003 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
well, did you ever take into consideration that the rep is an idiot?
I am VERY hard on equipment...had over 34 woofers go for warranty in one warranty period...I have blown a Stroker 18 (twice) and countless other things...I am quite happy with everything but the output of the X1244s...and Im not happy with that because I really like it loud (why else would I have a Stroker lol!) and most SQ subs arent capable of the volumes I prefer...
how long ago did u look into their products? up until they discontinued their speaker line, their speakers were made by Morel...great speakers, very nice to listen to...their woofers were all rebadged MTX at that point, and I will agree that they werent the greatest, but their amps have always been solid...good performers with great SQ...
maybe you should audition products instead of baggin on them cuz someone told you so...
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic