icon

budget amp subs box & rcas

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Livinloud86Z28 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  

ok well i just bought an 86 camaro with a TPI 350 and a 700 r4 trans, i love it but back to the matter at hand.  i blew most of my money on the rest of the stereo, i have a pioneer DEHP8500MP reciever, infinity kappa 4x6 plate speakers, and infinity kappa 3 way 6x9s, after this a cam, fiberglass hood, posi, gears, disc brakes, a shift kit, and a chip i have only about 500 to spend on my low frequency stuff, can anyone tell me some good budget entry level subs (or sub) that will give me a nice frequency range, good sound quality and handle decent power, and an amp that puts out 500-700 watts RMS, i was thinking about audiobahn subs but i hear their SQ is less than desirable, so at the momeny i am leaning towards a 15" kicker comp VR, still undecided on amps, i want something with a subsonic filter, preferably a class D mono amp but anything will do

as far as boxes go i was thinking about fabricating one but they always turn out really heavy, the last one i made for 2 15"s ended up weighing close to 100 lbs with the subs in it, i want to keep weight low on this car, (it runs low 13s, and i want to keep it that way) so i was thinking doing maybe only a single 10" in a pre made box i dont know any suggestions are welcome

thanks in advance, either respond or email me Punkrawkershow@hotmail.com

Its only after we have lost everything that we are free to do anything
i wish being stupid were grounds for capitol punishment
dr_jdelara 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2003 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged  

You could try your hand at fiberglassin a box, there are some great tutorials on the fiberglass forums.  It seems pretty hard to do but it really isn't, couple weeks ago i made my first pair of kick panels and they came out excellent. 

dr_jdelara 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2003 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  
and as for the subs, you can get a pair of kicker comp vr's 12's on ebay for cheap, And everyone and their mama on this forums recomends the jbl bp1200.1 amp, a great amp at a even greater price, like around 270, or go with the bp600.1 jbl amp.
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2003 at 2:38 AM / IP Logged  
I agree. You should be able to pick up a pair of CompVR's, and enclosure, and a BP1200.1 for around $500. I don't personally like Kicker subs (old bad memories), but I definately agree with the amp.
Another nice feature about the JBL BP1200.1 is when you have the $$$'s to get better subs, you will already have an amp that is 1ohm stable and can pump with the best of them (well, maybe not the "best of the best", but it can definately hold it's own in real world applications).
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
Livinloud86Z28 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2003 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  

i have a sony XM1600GSD left over from my last car.  its 1 ohm stable and puts out 1000 rms at 1 ohm but iw as thinking about selling it to my friend for his suburban.  i cant order anything from ebay as i dont hav an account anymore, i got banned for non paying bidder warnings, and the last 2 things i ordered of ebay didnt work, and i never got the third one

Its only after we have lost everything that we are free to do anything
i wish being stupid were grounds for capitol punishment

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic