icon

Amp power wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
skahide 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2003 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
Well i figured that since im using 2 subs and the amp is 2 channel ill just run one channel to a sub.   But then again i know almost nothing about DVC.  What would you do if you were me?  I dont care if it is a two chamber box or one.  Just what ever is best is what i want to do. If you would please draw a diagram id appreciate it.  thanx
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2003 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  

You have 2 ways you can wire the subs to the amps, either way you will get the same power and performance. 1st way and probably easiest, wire each sub in parallel to its own channel on the amp (top diagram). So you will have to do this twice once to hook up one sub to a channel on the amp and then again to hook up the other   http://www.audiobahninc.com/tech/wiring/parallel_parallel_dual_4.pdf

2nd way and a little more complicated, wire your subs in Series-Parallel and then bridge them to one channel on the amp (2nd diagram down) http://www.audiobahninc.com/tech/wiring/parallel_series_dual_4_ohm.pdf Now your amp should have a diagram on it which will show you a diagram of how to wire the bridge. But normally it will look something like my drawing below. So since you wired your subs together you should have 1 main cable, you will hook that cables + to the plus on the amps bridge and you will hook up the - to - on the bridge 

These are your speaker terminals

+   -                    +  - 

+____bridged ___  -

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic