icon

single shock sensor input, I need more

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
skyace4 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2003 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  

I have a Commando RS-560 alarm system in my 2003 Chevy S-10 pickup truck and the Commando RS-560 only has a single 4 wire sensor input on the brain box but I want to add a second vibration sensor to the unit, what is required and how is it done on the 4 wire connection for the Commando alarm?

it would be nice if Commando alarms gave people a second connection for a sensor.

Thanks, skyace4@hotmail.com

mista2turbo 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2003 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  

Most systems that ive seen have just the single 4 pin shock input. You can add addition sensors to the same plug using some diodes. Both sensors should use the same power and ground wire. the other 2 wires should be actual sensor inputs. just feed the additional sensor into these inputs using blocking diodes to 'Y' the 2 sensors into 1 wire. Do a search on 'diode' i know there are a couple of threads that illustrate and further explain how to do this.

floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2003 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
If you need a 2nd shock sensor on this size truck then the 1st one is installed in the wrong location.
I have had a regular s10 and no issues and have tried the setup you are looking for on a Blazer (S-10). Could never get the rear shock to work like I liked.
UNLESS you looking to protect the rear of the bed with a taneau cover or tool box. If this is the case you might want to look into installing magnetic switched on both corners of the the door/cover. This way even if someone tugs on the door/cover it will move enough to trip the alarm.
Good Luck!
skyace4 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2003 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  

I have a Commando RS-560 alarm system and the origional shock sensor is hooked up to the brain box yet the brain box only has the 1 input  ( 4 wires ), how could I tie in a 4 wire Field disturbance sensor to the shock sensor?

I will need diodes but how many, is it on both sensor units and what polarity on what wires?

Your help would be appreciated for the Commando unit.

skyace4@hotmail.comsingle shock sensor input, I need more - Last Post -- posted image.

floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2003 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
search proximety detectors or dual sensors. microwave
or here
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2003 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
hey man whats up
check this out you will need four diodes this is because most sensors have to actual trigger wires one is a warn away and the other is a full panic. the difference between the two is the time in which the negative pulse is on the warn away it is quick and short and the full it is longer so the alarm knows to trigger alarm.
for the new sensor you can one give it a ground and a five amped fused constant. not from alarm. if this is a proximity sensor or microwave sensor you will want to put a small toggle on the ground wire. because in heavy rain storms these sensor begin to bug out . so put a small toggle switch on the ground wire sio if your having problems you can shut it off.
now for the diodes, your going to take all four and face them the same way.. the stripe side of diodes are going to face the sensor becaue most sensor through a negative signal. cut the two trigger wire going from the shock sensor to alarm but leave pos and neg connected. than do the diodes on the shock sensor as well as the second sensor and then finally connect them to the original shock sensor wires test and you should be ok as long as diodes are right and everything. make sure both sensors have power and ground then test and adjust each.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic