icon

Help with Pioneer DEH-P835R

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sl*grec1 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2003 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged  

Pls help with (what I hope) is a basic question. I'm looking for the head unit wiring diagram for a Pioneer DEH-P835R. I've been to the Pioneer website -- the manuals are not in their data base. I've searched this site -- found posts about other DEH units but not hte 835.

I did find a link that says all units since '96 conform to this color coding scheme:  https://www.the12volt.com/request/request2.asp

However, I don't know what year the 835 made its debut. I know the 835 isn't new. 

FYI, my son and i are restoring an '87 Fiero "project car" with the 835 already installed. I used the term "project" because the installer did a real hack job. For example, no rear support -- the weight of the unit has cracked the plastic subframe and sits poorly. Wires from the harness have been cut and lie exposed. There's more atrocities but you get the idea.

Any help appreciated. Cheers.

samdub 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2003 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
wiring should be standard color code as far speaker power and ground connections are concerned
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2003 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
More than likey, that unit has a black wire (ground (-)  ), a red wire (switched 12 (+) volt), and a yellow wire (constant 12 (+) ).  If the head unit is out of the car, what you can do is this get a car battery that's got a good charge and also check the fuse on the radio itself. ( If the radio has at least the 3 wires that I mentioned, then this should be easy). Connect the black (-) wire to the battery's negative post and twist the red and yellow wire together and connect them to the battery's positive post.  if all goes well, then you then be able to turn the radio on.(it's sounds crude but it's an easy way to do a quick test) .  This is how I test radio's, amps, and speakers, before I even make the effort of trying to wire it into the car.
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   Help with Pioneer DEH-P835R -- posted image.
sl*grec1 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2003 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks, we've now got the basic sound working!

Just in case anyone knows, does this unit have a wire that controls a power antenna and/or dims the head unit light when the car's instrument lights are dimmed?

Cheers.

Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2003 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
It should have a blue(power antenna trigger) wire and a  blue/white wire (amp remote turn-on) and also should have an orange and /or ORANGE / white that could be used for the dimmer . 
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   Help with Pioneer DEH-P835R -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic