the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

mtx 1501d?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ull3030 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2003 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  

I ordered a MTX 1501D from a local Circuit City store a couple of days ago.  I was told by the three of the salesman that this amp will handle a 1OHM load.  I later then contacted MTX who advised that this model amp is not 1ohm stable.  Any suggestions?  Anyone have one of these?

Thanks

Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2003 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
it was my understanding that all mtx amps could run 1 ohm stable but i guess thats not right, but i do believe that amp will run at 1 ohm
Quad L Handyman services
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2003 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  

MXT is correct the amp is only 2 ohm stable, However you can run it at 1 ohm (at your own risk).

Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2003 at 1:53 AM / IP Logged  
I have heard mixed reviews for these amps (their predecessors too) running at 1 ohm...MTX has never made an amp that was stable beyond 2 ohm mono (the 225HO was stable at 1 ohm stereo tho...) by their ratings...
some people have tried to take the MTXs for a lower impedance, but up until the D class maps, I have never heard of anyone being successful running theirs below claimed impedance loads...
some people have had good luck running their D class MTXs at 1 ohm, and some people have smoked them almost instantly that way...
if it was up to me, I would avoid that impedance...not worth the risk...if u want to run at 1ohm, buy an amp thats rated for it...dont try to cheat down...
Machi15 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2003 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  

The MTX 1501d may not be able to handle the 1 ohm load but if you want to take your chances, Circuit city has an extended warranty saying that if your amp breaks for any reason they will replace it for the time that you purcahsed your warranty. The thing that people dont know is that MTX doesnt deal with trying to fix the amps that break. If you buy the warranty with that amp, and it does fry, they will just hand you a new one. It should cost you an additional 60 dollars but it is well worth it.

Machi

Zip ties are my best friend
ull3030 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2003 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all the reply's.  I received the mtx 1501D and I wired the subs to a 4 ohm bridge.  I ordered a second mtx 1501d, so I can run one amp per comp vr 18. 
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2003 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
ull3030 what are u doin about ur alternator?
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
mexi 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2003 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
mtx 1501 is a bad amp im going to run two on each of my solo x,s
mexicang

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic