icon

2003 Monte Carlo woes...need help asap!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2G Sport 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2003 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
Need help ASAP! Replacing sisters factory CD player with Pioneer 5500.
She used to have 2001 Malibu, when 5500 was installed it required the "t" harness to relocate factory radio to trunk. I was hoping I could use it in this install, possibly plug and play. Just like the Malibu, the door chime is played through the speakers.
Problem: There are 2 harnesses on this radio. One is the same as the Malibu plug, the other is smaller. I can play the factory radio without the smaller one plugged in. I unhooked the factory radio and plugged it into the end of the T harness just like the Malibu. The Pioneer plug is already wired from last time, so I plugged it into the back of the Pioneer. I ran the red wire into the fusebox like it was in the Malibu. The Pioneer turns on but no sound(antenna hooked up, tried playing CD as well). The factory powers up like it did in the Malibu. I forgot to add there is what looks like an amplifier attached to the rear deck in the trunk. HELP! Am I forgetting a harness, or is the T even needed? I have been promising to install this for weeks, I'd like to finish it today. Thanks in advance...
beamriders 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2003 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  

yes the smaller plug should not be needed

there is also a away to avaoid putting the factory deck in the

truck though you loose the door chime if you get a metra 99-2003 harness use that for constan ground and speakers but go to the ingnition for the switched power

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic