icon

10 8ohm or 10 4ohm speaker

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2003 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
First not sure if this is the right forum. Im working on a project at work. But not sure how to wire the speakers. I need 10 speakers that will be wired into a small PA amp.This is for our "voice communication alert system". So my question is would 8 ohm or 4 ohm speakers be best and how would you wire them for that ohm. Not be that much power going through them.
thnaks Kyle
Blazermedic 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
It depends on the impedance of the PA amp. If the impedance limit is 10 ohm, then you are going to have to wire the speakers to show a 10 ohm load to the PA amp. If you go the the parallel and series calulators on this wonderful website, then you'll be able to figure out how to wire them to show the proper impedance to the PA amp. If you let us know what the impedance level is, or what make and model it is, we'll be able to help you.
Cary
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
ALL the PA amp i have looked at have speakers terminals for 4, 8, 10 ohm loads. The calulator in what im doing for this doset not help me. I never wired this many speakes togeter so im guess i have to wire them in "both" series and parallel.........im guessing that is. That what im going to need help in doing. I have not bought any thing yet so if i have to add a speaker or so i dont think that be a problem. but im aiming at 10 speakers.
Kyle

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic