icon

serious help needed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
udratherbme 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2003 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  

OK I have a kenwood MP3 HU, 3 pyramid 7.2 inch monitors, no dvd and no video amp.  I am looking @ a DVD that has the option of hardwiring or cigarette lighter adapter.  My delimma is..... i am having trouble deciding on a DVD player any suggestions?  I also would like to know a suggestion on a video amp?

I am new to the video so I am going to have plenty of problems.  I would like to know if anyone has done a video install in a chrysler?   I am having problems determining how to remove the leather seat cover to run the video cables through.

And if I decide not to hardwire the electronics, is it safe to use cigarette lighter adapters for the front electronics and the rear electronics?  There will be one screen in the front along with the DVD and the Video amp on one plug and the two rear screens on the second plug. 

Doin' It Down Souph, So Holla @ Cha Boi
Deez_Nutz 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2003 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
Ok im only 18 but here is what i think instead of DVD you should go PS2 thats just my opinion and for a video amp go to circuit city they have one for around $50 to see the PS2 idea check out my whip http://members.cardomain.com/kwickymart
12voltassassin 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2003 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  

wow the lack of experience lol sorry could not help myself but anyways.

you gotta know how to fish wires you need the right tools and so on. a good dvd player depends on your taste and how much money you wish to spend myron and davis is good and so are many others audiovox maakes a great unit as well. get a video amp with those low quality screens for sure and maybe a wireless switcher if you plan to have multiple sources. and if your in chicago ill do the job for you lol thanks later

i hate ebay they are stealing my business
my12volts 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2003 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  
the right tool for fishing wires through the seat is a clothes hanger...use any 12 volt dvd player..playstations work great too...you should hard wire everything,unless you want to take things in and out..you can grab power for everything at the radio or the ingnition harness..
mbiker1 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2003 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  

I have to agree with Deez_Nutz. I have a ps2 mounted inside my accord and you can play games and watch movies. Now if you have not a lot of room to work with then you might want to go with a cigiret lighter dvd player and make a direct splice into the cigiret lighter so you see no wires and has power  but dont use the cigiret lighter for your ground, the circut wouldn't be able to handle it. Also if you so get a ps2 or a dvd player with a regular pronged plug then you will have to get a dc-Ac converter.

Wherm 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2003 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  

in my car I went with the Audiovox AVD-300 dvd player.  It is a slim size, and fits well in many places, even in-dash if you have a double din opening.  I work for Circuit City Roadshop, and it is available there for around 200 dollars or so.

To fish the wires through the seat, first undo the c-channel clamp on the bottom rear of the seat.  It's made of stiff plastic and could be pried apart with a screwdriver, carefully.  I've done many of these, and can do them with my hands.  It's not hard once you understand how it fits together.  Then while laying on your back, push the wire up to the top of the seat with your arm.  This keeps you from snagging the seat cover with a coat hanger or wire puller.  Plus, you can feel where you're at.  If you have adjustable headrests cut a slit, just large enough for the wires to fit through, right next to one of the posts that the headrest mounts on.  I think that's the best way for doing the install.  Hardwiring the dvd player in is probably the best thing to do.  JUST REMEMBER TO FUSE THE (+) WIRE.  NEVER HARD WIRE ANYTHING WITHOUT A FUSE.  That's all I got to say about that.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic