icon

Remote Car Starter comparisons

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
frankieve 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2003 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
I've been a very long time DEI user for my shop, exclusive for over 10 years.
But I've noticed expecially in recent years, alot of other manufactures have been making some very good products for alot less.
Especially Crimestopper and the new Magnum stuff.
If you did 400 remote starters in one season and you could save $20 a starter you could make an extra $8000 in profit.
I was wondering what everyone out there thinks
csorb 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2003 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know what you pay for your DEIs but we use Prestige and I'm quite satisfied. They carry a lifetime warranty just like the Dealer DEI line and the remotes are pretty decent. An aps685 costs about 70 bucks
phredman 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2003 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  

I have install quite a few different brands,DEI does have good products,there are quite a few that have great reliability and range,such as autopage,compustar,etc. If good warranty ,reliabilty ,range is there,then profit is NOT a dirty word.

brianh 
Silver - Posts: 516
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2003 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
I am a Commando dealer and their products are great! Easy installation,Great range,and unsurpassed reliability. I have not had any call backs on these products at all. They even have a tech line if you run into anything out of the ordinary. At least look at their products and try one of them. You will not be dissapointed.
Brian
owner/installer
Sight & Sound Car Stereo
"all electronic equipment runs off of smoke, once you let it out, it stops working"
frankieve 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2003 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  
The problem I have with Audiovox is that everytime I need to order a piece from Audiovox it's either back ordered or not made anymore and they have a new replacement.
Plus we have alot of Circiut Citys, Best Buys, and other shops that have the $149 price point for starters.
So to compete price wise, we do an entry level starter, no tach, basic install, Audiovox doesn't have a tachless mode, also its alittle to available and too many other dealers carry them or can get them, so having something a little exclusive is almost immposible with Audiovox, and probably everybody else.
So far in the running is DEI for my high end ( because of price)
Crimstopper and Magnum from JBS
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2003 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
I use Magnadyne products especially there marksman line and they are bulletproof plus virtually no competiton
Joe O'Byrne
Owner / Installer
frankieve 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2003 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
I've tried the Magnadyne and it worked ok, they are in the running.
I like the product layout of Crimestopper, they seem to have everything covered, but too many people have them.
I really want to try that JBS stuff but its too new so nobody has them yet
fordfan 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2003 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
I use crimestopper also and no prob`s with them if you are looking for a cheap reliable r/s I use Omega RS-7K2 it costs me about $45 and it has excellent range it has a tachless feature, door locks, and trunk pop it also has a window mount ant. well worth the money.
frankieve 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2003 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  
I have had a bad expereinces with Omega stuff, plus I really can't go from DEI stuff to Omega, unfortunatelly I was a DEI tech in the past so I've been involved in alot of omega problems
wolfcom 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2003 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  

Hello. I'm an importer and distributer of high end popular 2 way fm lcd remoter starter car alarms. If you looking to make more profit on your installs then the key is to find lower prices. My company carries the exact lcd remote starter as Crimestopper, black widow, comand etc. as they come from the same manufacturer and off the same assembly line. Take a look at our webpage at http://asianwolf.com/caralarms.htm if you are interested let me know and i'll send you a catalog with pricing.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic