icon

Won't balance in front...garbled

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
FTruckTough 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2002 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  

Maybe someone can be of some help.  I just installed a JVC KDSX780 in my 93 Bronco and i've noticed that the front speakers put out some bad sound at anything higher than a soft volume.  When you fade it to the front and then try to balance it to one side, it doesn't move to one side, and instead makes both speakers sound all garbled.  I have checked my wiring, and made a new ground for the head unit and nothing changed.  I even went so far as to disconnect each speaker separately and see if i could change it, but no.  When i removed the left speaker from the system, i could try to balance it to the left and get no sound, but still the right side would just sound bad, and vica versa. 

I was thinking that it maybe was possible i have a defective head unit, i just bought it last week, and i guess it's done it since new.  ideas?????

Thank you,
Gary
GlassWolf 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2002 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
I think you need to check your wiring again. check each speaker at the head unit and make sure you have polarity correct, and ground for the speakers correct etc.
1992-93 Ford Bronco (fullsize) Stereo Information
try here
-GlassWolf
Pioneer Stage-4, Orion, DynAudio, Fi
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 14, 2002 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
Hi Gary, assuming your connections are correct, it sounds like your front speakers are sharing a common ground. Try running a new set of wires to each of your front speakers from your head unit.
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!
FTruckTough 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2002 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
ok, i looked at the wiring thing and it does appear as though they share the same ground.  how should i go about changing this?  they both use the BLACK/ white wire, i am clueless, please help
Thank you,
Gary
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 14, 2002 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
Gary, run a new set of wires to each of your front speakers from your head unit.
~~wirewise~~
mike simonelli 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2002 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
you dont have to run new wires you can get them in each kick panel save you some time.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic