icon

disable pats on 2000 mustang

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2000tang 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2003 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
i want to disable pats on my car if possible also what type of door locks do i have and diagram for hookup i'm installing a viper 791 xv and need some help
jls
ck auto 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2003 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  

the only way that i know to disable the pats would be to cut  head off key then secure it in the column next to the pats ring if no room you cold try to remove pellet.  i dont knpw what car will do seeing valid code all the time.you would also need get normal keys cut to use.If for remote starter use viper 555f bypass or similar works really well and relativley inexpensive

kirk

fordfan 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2003 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
Why do you want to disable the pats? A quick fix is to do like ck auto said and put a key in the steering column or you can take the ring around the key switch and put a key inside of the ring your car will work fine as long as the key doesn`t move and then your car won`t start. Also being a newer car do you take it to a Ford dealer for any service, they don`t like it when they put it on their tester and see that it`s on all the time, but there is nothing they can do about it unless you are having prob`s that they can relate to hte pats system.
2000tang 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2003 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
my idea was to save money i only have one key and i'm installing security system anyway so i wouldn't care about pats i've heard of people doing it i just don't know how any help on door locks?
jls
ck auto 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2003 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  

hi check out an astro start module for fords or even a polarstart module they mirror the key so you dont lose a key or have to program one.  The modules work pretty good ive used them on qutie a few cars with good success. They don't cost anymore than the 555f usually.

kirk

ck auto 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2003 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
sorry about forgetting lock info  here is the info lock is positive trigger low in drivers kick.also at the gem module above drivers kick to right of column unlock is purple at same location disarm is dark green purple negative trigger and same location as locks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic