icon

L7 kicker and Hifonics brutus 1500

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joedcrider 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2003 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  

I have two L7's 15"s  and two brutus 1500's It is coming to the end of the third week break in. Im starting to turn the gain up, the subs hit good but it does not seem loud enough for those subs and amps. does anyone know if the line drivers for hifonics are worth buying ( XI-bld ) balanced line inputs. Will this out put more power and clean the sound, all the reviews I read say this will maximize the sound potential for these amps. but I dont know if there true reveiws can some one who knows these amp help me out, or did I wast money on these things. And does anyone have or know where to find the specs on the line drivers, can't seem to find them on the internet.

Thanks to whom ever can help

thomasbutler 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2003 at 4:04 AM / IP Logged  
Those amps are serious.  The inmstaller I deal with most of the time has one of those on one kicker l7 15 and it hits.  What kind of box do you have it in and do you have enough power running both amps b/c those L7's will draw as much power as they can handle.
joedcrider 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2003 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
I have The l7 15's dual 2 ohm. Wired at 1 ohm to each amp. There in a 12 cubic foot box and ported at 35 Hz I have three optima yellow top batteries  two 1.2 farad caps and the altenator is 105 amps. I used 4 gauge from the front battery to the two back ones with 100 amp breakers front and back and its not popping them. The two batteries run 4 gauge wire to a distrabution block then seperates fused at 100 amps per amp, 4 gauge to the amps.The grounds are 20 in long and bolted to the fram of the car with a 5/8 bolt each amp and cap are grounded sperate. The batteries are also grounded the same way on the other side of the car. I have a alpine D-900 head unit that outputs 4 volts and nothing else between head unit and the amps. In the past I ran two Rockford 15's power hx2 and to power 800's and it was twice as loud as what I have now. With the rockfords I hit a 156 db alot of times, with my new set up, I hit 150 to 152 db I though this would hit better, any suggestions
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2003 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  

dont you think you should upgrade you alt to atleast a 200amp if not bigger?

Quad L Handyman services
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2003 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  

What do you have your X overs on both the head unit and amp set at?

joedcrider 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2003 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  

The alt is not in question at this time b/c the amps are not drawing more then 100 amps each. I have three batteries at 55 amps per hour for 120 min of reserve thats 165 amps of charge plus the alt at 105 amps equal to 270 amps that should be good for atleast a 5 min song the caps do not drop below 12.4 volts. I turned the gain all the way up today they don't hit that good Ive head 12's alot louder then my set up. The head unit is set to 80 hz and the amps are set to 90 hz sub filter at 25hz,  18 db gain 3/4 the bass control at 3/4 My other car has two l5 15's and one jbl 1200. With no caps no batteries and its louder and deeper it has the same box. The two l5's are in a durango and the l7's are in a escape. Today with gain all the way up at 42hz hit 152 db not good for this equipment. It should be at 155 db in my book. I sold my fosgates and amps to buy this stuff  hope someone can help or I got ripped of by changing to other stuff.

Thanks so far for the input guys 

thomasbutler 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2003 at 4:33 AM / IP Logged  
Your box.  What are some of the specs on your box ported or sealed.  L7's and L5's is a big difference.  dont turn gain all the way up it may have some distortion.  But your box may be the most important thing in your set up it can make your whole system. But if all fail how much are the line drivers maybe you need them for the max power of the hiphonics.   But me personally  would have gotten another JBL 1200.1 and put one on each of the L7's. 
joedcrider 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2003 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
The box Is ported at 35 Hz, 12 cubic feet internal + subs + ports + bracing = 15 cubic feet this is the same box Im using for the l7's and the l5's in two different cars I personally think it is the amps, the jbl is better But I treid to find a amp with a ss filter, and equal power hifonics amps seem to be over rated, for a amp that puts out 1000 Rms I think it more like 600 rms at 1 ohm one jbl 1200.1 is equal to two of these things my l7's move .375 of an inch with two hifonics @ 1ohm, and the l5's move .5 of a inch with one jbl 1200.1 @ 1 ohm does any one know about the line drivers for hifonics. Or does any one know If I can put two of these amps to one sub the power should be the same at 1 ohm or 2ohms right but one amp to each coil is this possible  or should I buy a different amps. my amps are only three weeks old. maybe two fosgate bd 1500 linked together @ 2 ohms My l7's are dual 2 Ohm. Or does any one know about Hifonics amps and what the problem is.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic