Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2003 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
Have you ever heard a set up like this or similar to this:
This is the amp:
http://www.xplodsony.com/products/?CATEGORY=Amp/EQ&MD=XM-2165GTX
And This is the sub:
http://www.xplodsony.com/products/?CATEGORY=Subwoofers&MD=XS-L121P5
Do you think this would sound good in an SUV???
Everything will be stock, just adding the sub and amp.
How many people really know me???
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2003 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  

sony audio is crap.

what kind of sound are you looking for? we all here will find you a better system thats inexpensive.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
radioactive 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2003 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  

don't go with sony. they literally explode.

"The important thing is not to stop questioning"
QuinnX1 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2003 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
I will not go as far as to say that Sony literally xplods, but I don't like the price on the amp and subs. If you want a nice sounding system for the right price I would get Kicker subs and JBL amps both are well priced. Good luck!
pro23 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2003 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

I am getting the sub foe like $40 and the amp for $100.  If some one could find me 1 sub and an amp to go with it that is loud and powerful for like $150, then I won't get the sony crap.

bfog99 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2003 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
If you are willing to spend $200, you could do a lot better. I would look at ikesound.com for the JBL BP300.1 and then look on ebay for a dual voice coil sub. Something like infinity, kicker, mb quart, audiobahn, or rockford fosgate. There are a lot of subs better than sony, read some of the other forums here, toy can learn a lot about what brands are preferred and which are not. Remember, this is only my opinion.
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2003 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
just another person to try and turn you away from sony. if i were to buy that amp or sub which i wouldn't but if i were id pay about 2 cents for the both. the first amp i bought was sony and it scares me how much of my money i wasted because i didn't know anybetter. for what i paid for the amp i bought a rockford 1000w class d amp
Quad L Handyman services
pro23 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2003 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
Everytime someone says something about sony there always some to say that sony sucks.  But all the sony products I've heard have sounded good.  I dont know whats wrong with SONY, that everyone hates it but I will look at other stuff but most likly i'm gonna get the Sony so thanks for the info.
nedgeworth 
Silver - Posts: 264
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2003 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
If you are just sort of getting into the car audio world a lot of ppl assume sony is good bassed on there home systems and what not. Once you look around and have a listen to other equipement, more from companies that only make car products and not microwaves and home things you'll find a lot better build and sound quality. But if your ears like sony the best, get the sony equipement. You don't have to plz anyone but yourself.
QuinnX1 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2003 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
pro23
October 01, 2003 at 6:43 PM
I am getting the sub foe like $40 and the amp for $100. If some one could find me 1 sub and an amp to go with it that is loud and powerful for like $150, then I won't get the sony crap.
pro23
October 02, 2003 at 3:39 PM
Everytime someone says something about sony there always some to say that sony sucks. But all the sony products I've heard have sounded good. I dont know whats wrong with SONY, that everyone hates it but I will look at other stuff but most likly i'm gonna get the Sony so thanks for the info.
The only problem I had with the set up was the price. If you can get the sub and the amp for 140.00 I'd say go for it. Sony subs get loud and I have never had a problem with Sony amps. That being said like with other companies you only want to spend so much on their equipment. Also it seems as if you had your mind made up when you asked the question. Good luck!
Covenant Riders CC of WI.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic