icon

2001 Suburban Window Roll-Up Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
01 Suburban LS 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2003 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  

OK, I installed a window roll up module on my 2001 Suburban and have two problems. The first problem is that sometimes when I arm the system the window won't roll up all the way. I turned up the sensativity on the module and still, sometimes it stops and sometimes it doesn't. The second problem is the wiring. I installed the module inside the door and wanted to run all the wires to the driver side switch.  Is this possible, I posted before if this was ok and some people said Yes. For the drivers side window, the wire to roll up the window has no voltage when is switch is not pressed, when the switch is pressed to close the window it gets 12 volts. For the other three windows, the wire get 12 volts all the time and when you press the switch to close any one of them the voltage goes away. ????????????? I dont get it.

What window module should I get? Which brand? Obviously the one I have isn't up to rolling up my windows.

elrayodesinaloa 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2003 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged  

It happened to me when I got the first 2000 Suburban into the shop 3 years ago.  I had to use heavier gauge wiring going to each door rather than using the wire  the system came with. That solved the problem of the window not closing all the way.  Looks like those motors really need voltage and thinner wire just don't hack it.

01 Suburban LS 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2003 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
I have the module mounted inside the door and the wires coming from it are thicker than the stock wires on the Suburban. I just think this moulde isn't up to it.
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2003 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
Does the drivers window suffer the same issues?
What module did you buy?
Does it roll all the windows at the same time or one at a time?
01 Suburban LS 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2003 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  

Its only the drivers window. The wiring in the drivers switch is strange, I didn't try and dont think I can wire the rest of the windows from there. The drivers switch applies 12 volts to the motor to roll it up. The rest sit at 12 volts all the time and when the switch is applied, the voltage is removed.

Here is the module I bought, I guess you get what you pay for. I think I will need something more heavy duty

http://store.autotoys.com/cgi-bin/wfp53024.storefront/EN/Product/WINDOW RUBASIC4

floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2003 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  
The window unit you linked to looks exactly like an Omega AU93-4. I have it currently installed on a blazer and has not failed yet. However this could be a knock off and be bad.
I guess it shouldn't matter if you hook up only one window but it is possible then unit needs at least 2 windows to work properly (this is just a guess).
I cannot find the wiring info for a 2001. The 2002 and 2000 show a violet or a blue on the drivers side.
I've seen the trouble you are having in a Camero once and it was due to the power express down built into the switch. For some reason this made no effect on my truck for some reason. Make sure your not grounding the unit or getting power from anything in the door area. Those wires should be pulled into the truck.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic