icon

96 Chevy Tahoe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ikillrinst 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2003 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
I just recently removed my old alarm which was a Code Alarm Surestart LX and installed a new Code Alarm PC7600... everything works like it should except when i auto start the car the remotes work when they want to.. Once i get the car to shut off from remote start the remotes work perfectly.. if i press the buttons nothing happens, i cant shut the car disarm or anything... its like something is interfering with the remotes transmitting while the car is in auto start.... anyone have any ideas?????? wrongconnec
elrayodesinaloa 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2003 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged  
how long do you wait once you remote start it, to start pushing the buttons? maybe you can try to let the system stabilize a little before you push other buttons. I've installed PC's but never had that problem I'll go through the manual and let you know if I find something. maybe you have a bad module???
Ikillrinst 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2003 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  
doesn't matter if i wait or start hitting buttons immediately, i have tried both ways.. i took the 7600 PC30 and dna out of my 93 SHO and put it in my Tahoe... i get the same problem, so i know it's not the alarm itself... i used the schematics i got from this website to install it... i have checked it 5 times and all wires are connected as per the12volts install sheet... i called code alarm and they seem to think it is a wrong connection somewhere.... but where? what? i have no clue... i do not want to have to bring it in to a shop to have them look it over...
Ikillrinst 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2003 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
i just noticed it seems like i lose range and distance once the car is running on auto start... it has to be something with my car and not the unit, something i did wrong or something other than the pc30 and the dna... maybe a bad antenna? when the car is not running i can arm, disarm, and remote start it from half way up the block... once it remote starts i have to be right up on it to get anything...  if i even get anything at all...
Ikillrinst 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2003 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  

Ok People, problem solved. I spoke to a tech otp and we isolated the problem as being EMI interference..... 

Thank You

MC

my12volts 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2003 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
cool u got prob solved

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic