icon

95 camry starts with remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
saep 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2003 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  

My 95 camry starts wonderfully with the prostart remote starter I installed (model ct3100).  The problem is that the tach doesn't show that my car is running and the heater fan doesn't turn on.  The reason I installed the starter was to have a nice hot car in the middle of winter, but if my heater fan doesn't work....95 camry starts with remote starter -- posted image.

There are two starter wires, would everything work better if I were to try the other starter wire?    I assumed because it started that everything was working fine.  I never really noticed the tach not working until I noticed the fan not working.

Thanks,

saep

jb30 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2003 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  

did you use BLACK/ orange for ignition

and BLACK / YELLOW for accesory?

my info shows that you only need one starter wire activated.

knutsont 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2003 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  

You should test all wires in the ignition harness to see when they are hot (acc, start, crank).  Hook ALL of them up properly.  The ones that go hot when you are on acc. ***and go cold durring crank*** should be hooked up to the accessor wire of the remote starter.  The ones that go hot on acc and remain hot durring cranking or that go hot in the start postion and remain hot durring cranking should be hooked up to ignition wires on the remote starter.  If you do not have enough power lines coming from your starter brain, use relays and feeds from the battery to make up the difference.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic