icon

Need help badly

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tigh4life 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2003 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  

Im installing the dei 555L in my 2001 chevy silverado. I also have the crimestopper 2011rs. I need a neg output on the brain so i can wire the blue/black wire in from the 555L. Where is that on the 2011rs? Please email me or post on here ASAP. Thanks

Email: tigh4life@yahoo.com

samdub 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2003 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
connect too the 3rd ignition neg output
tigh4life 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2003 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
I tried to connect it to the yellow wire or the yellow/ white wire and that didnt work. What is the 3rd ign neg output? Where is that? Sorry never done this before.
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2003 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  

id have to see your install book for the unit, but i know DEI wiring has a harness that is (-) 200mA output that you can use.  you have to have a relay drive the power, the output is just a control.  it is used for vehicles with a 3rd ignition wire in the ignition harness or if you need something else to be energized.  on the DEI equipment it is grouped in the harness with the toggle overriede switch, tach wire, brake shutdown, hood pin, and a programmable outpue for a factory rearm.

mazdatruckin 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2003 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
Crimestopper says the 1st revision, extra ign's are yellow like you said... Sure the module's hooked up correctly? try a relay see if it works, if the relay clicks and the bypass doesnt work, then its the module that maybe dead or installed wrong.
tigh4life 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2003 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
I tried the relay thing but i dont know what wire to connect the relay to on the brain. ITs so DANG Frustrating. Please help.
mazdatruckin 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2003 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  

Ok here we go. Just to let you know their were 3 versions of this alarm released so it maybe different....

Do you have a small 4 pin plug on the alarm that has these wires? They should be WHITE/ Red, yellow, yellow/white, and black? If so the yellow is an (-) ignition output.

Wire your relay like this! Wire pin 85 of the relay to your YELLOW (-) ignition wire from the alarm, then wire pin 86 to +12V Constant (to test), pin 87 wire to ground, and pin 30 goes to the (-) out when running to passlock. That's how to wire it..

To test if the unit even puts out any power, hook up the YELLOW (-) ignition wire to 85 and 86 to constant 12V. Then remote start the truck (yes I know it won't start) but put the relay to your ear and listen for it click, if it does, your in good shape, if not you might have a bad unit or a setting that must be adjusted.. Lemme know how it turns out

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic