icon

2003 Mustang GT Convertible Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Buzz Foster 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2003 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  

This forum was reccomended to me by a member of the Home Theater Forum.  I'm hoping for some basic information to help get me started on upgrading my stock Mach 460 system.

I need to know things like how to get the factory head unit out.  Ford used to use the systems with holes in the front, but mine doesn't have holes.  Also, I need to know how to get the door panels off and, if possible, what kinds of speakers will fit there and in the back.  I had a 2000 F-250 extended cab truck previously, and I installed two sets of Focal 165mm seperates with adapters I built for the factory 6x8 holes.  However, I am getting mixed messages on exactly what the factory size is for the front and back speakers.  Some say 5 1/4" front, 6 1/2" rear, some say vice versa, some say both 5 1/4", and some say both will take 6 1/2".

Ideally, I would like to buy a manual that would show me how to take all the interior apart, so I can measure things myself for fit, and install the equipment I want.  I have thus far assumed that the same wiring harness that I used for my Superduty truck will plug into the Mustang wiring harness.  If not, it shouldn't be too much of a challenge to find the right one.  That's not as much of a concern as making sure the Focal Utopias I want will fit before I buy them.  I have looked at Amazon for a manual that covers 2003 Mustang convertibles,  but have so far come up empty.  Ford shop manuals are probably overkill.  Can anyone point me in the direction of a good, affordable manual?

Thanks for the help.

Buzz

fordfan 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2003 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
On the door panels there may be a couple small screws along the bottom, also look where the door handle is if there is a cover take it off and there might be a screw in there too, after you get the screws off just lift the panel up instead of pulling out. Hope this helped not much info but that`s all I have now.
Buzz Foster 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2003 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
That's a good start.  Thank-you.  I feel like the front doors are going to be the area require more care in measuring.  i have heard that the rear speaker area is pretty wide open behind the grilles, and that seems feasible.  I just need to get those off and have a look, too.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic