problems installing alarm in 2002 protege

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eltonr 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2003 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I'm currently trying to install an Alpine SEC-100s alarm into my 2002 mazda protege w/factory keyless entry. I have decided to install it in the rear deck of my car since the factory keyless entry system was already there. I'm splicing into the factory keyless entry system and for the most part it seems to work ok. I'm having some serious issues with getting the door locks to work in the correct manner. The factory keyless entry system has two wires one for the priority lock and one for locking/unlocking all the doors. the priotity lock wire that goes to the factory door lock relay sees a voltage of 5 volts when you ground the wire it unlocks the drivers door. When you ground the other wire then it unlocks the other doors. If you ground either wire with a 1.5k resistor conected then it locks all the doors (I believe mazda states that the voltage is suppose to drop from 5 to 2.5 volts during this state for the priority wire). Doing this by hand it seems to do exactly what I want, although when i connect these wires to my alarm and arm the alarm the factory relay makes a sound but doesn't do anything and when i disarm the alarm then the doors all lock. Is there a simple fix to this??? or should i just wire the door locks to bypass the factory door lock relay? I would prefer not to have to throw in extra relays if not necessary.
Thanks, Elton
mazdatruckin 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2003 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  

Well put this way, driver's door priority can't be done without relays,. It's the safest way....

Well anyway.. You got it right... Locking is negative trigger through a 1.5k ohm resistor, and to unlock all doors, its just a negative trigger. Based on what you say i believe you wired it like this, your arm output goes to a 1.5k resistor and then to one of those wires. Your first unlock output should goto the wire you said unlocks only the drivers door, your 2nd unlock output should be connected to the other wire for all other doors, as a note, usually its hard to interface the driver's priority without relays. If it doesnt work like that, then you might just have to add relays... I don't like to interface the factory priority because of possible problems and that's a good reason for the dealer to call void if they see a bunch of hacked wires at the keyless module. GOOD LUCK :) And Cheers.

*1 This is a one wire system, must use relays. Lock requires negative trigger through a 1.5K resistor, Unlock requires a negative trigger to the same wire. (lt GREEN/ red)

But all the luck to you!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic