Will these kits work on a Focus and a Ram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
03zx3 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2003 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry for so many questions I am a Noobie, trying not to be a post whore

Just trying to find out if these kits will work on a focus and a ram, if so I am going to buy another one. both cars need power locks put in, so thats why i am wondering about the power lock kit. Will I need anything else for the install on either car

Lock kit:

http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&item=3052933466&category=14934&rd=1

Crimestopper keyless

http:///.com/ebaymotors/dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33723&item=2439499564

misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2003 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
you cannot do power locks on a focus in order to do it you need to change the latches in the doors... it is almost cheaper to buy a new focus rather than adding the locks.. i work at a ford dealer and i never have figured out a way to do a focus... and tech service at audiovox said the same thing. they will work on a ram. if you can figure out how to do a focus let me know
03zx3 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2003 at 5:08 AM / IP Logged  
Here's a third for ya:
Adding Power Locks To A Focus
I did the install on my buddies 4 door focus. Unfortunately those are the only pics I took which the rods aren't hooked to the actuator in the pic. The first how-to you posted is for the elantra obviosly which looks a LOT easier because of how much room you have to work with. The focus is a lot tighter and has a lot less tolerance to work with. Same basic idea of course..The second how-to gives you a little better idea. He/she went below the white clip I chose to go to the side of it. Both should work. I can tell you though my install the rods all were much straighter barely any bend at all which is something to aim for in most cases. Not the hardest thing once you do one door the rest are pretty much a breeze.
Good luck,
Mike

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic