icon

'02 Explorer R/S problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fordfan 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2003 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
I installed an Omega remote start on this car a about a month ago and now the rear defroster doesn`t work. At first the light for the defroster stayed on all the time so I checked it out and when I unplugged the brain of the r/s it went out, so I traced it down to the OEM disarm wire and I isolated it with a diode and then the light stayed out. I tapped into a GREEN/ violet wire for the disarm in the drivers kick panel(I think I have the correct wire?) I`m thinking I have the wrong wire any suggestions? Is there a way to make sure that I have the right wire? And any theory`s on why the defroster isn`t working? Thanks in advance.
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2003 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
if you probe the wire you suspect is the factory disarm wire, it will go to ground when you unlock the drivers door with the key on the outside.That way you know for sure you have the factory disarm wire.Or you could simply arm the factory alarm and then reach inside the car to open the door and set off the factory alarm and then unlock the vehicle with your omega remote and it should disarm the factory alarm. My info shows it is a GREEN/ purple in the drivers door harness.As far as your defroster problem i dont know what to tell you about that
fordfan 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2003 at 3:43 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks I`ll try setting the alarm off and try that
Haku 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2003 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  

The Explorer only arms the factory security under one condition.  Locking the drivers door when the door is open.

Most Explorers I have worked on, Including my 01 Sport Trac, do have that wire, but no matter what I do, the factory alarm will not set.

As far as the rear defroster, check the fuses, remove the wire that you have going to the disarm wire.  If you still have problems with it, post again.   I will check the factory wiring diagram for that circuit.

Hak
Siemens Autostart

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic