Keyless Entry/Remote Start on 2001 RAV4

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
amorak 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2003 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  

Hello everyone,

I am looking to find some help in regards to installing a Keyless entry/Remote starter on a Canadian model 2001 Toyota RAV4.

On this great site I found the wiring diagrams https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=3438&KW 

What I'd like to know is if anyone figured out how to retain the stock keyless entry's "Priority Unlock". What that means is that on the stock unit, 1 pulse on the button unlocks just the drivers door, and two pulses unlocks both doors. This seemed to be the main obsticle facing the poster of the above thread, but they never replied iwth having gotten it figured out or not!

I would also like to know if anyone has done this before, and how hard/easy it is? I have installed many steroes, etc - but have never done a remote starter - Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jared

amorak 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2003 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
Can anyone help me out with this? Christmas is fast approaching!   Keyless Entry/Remote Start on 2001 RAV4 -- posted image.
desh187 
Copper - Posts: 310
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
2001 rav4
pulse blue / YELLOW(-)once for dr door & twice for all doors.
blue/orange(-) lock (location 12 pin connector at passenger junction block-behind glove box.
for straight single lock/unlock,lock is blue/white
unlock is blue / YELLOW in driver kick panel.
amorak 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for your reply desh187 Keyless Entry/Remote Start on 2001 RAV4 -- posted image.

I found another great bit of information here: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=1172&KW=RAV4

Now, it says that the blue/orange(-) unlock is also in the driver kick panel, yet you've mentioned its in the pass junciton box - Have you looked for these wires in the driver kick panel?

desh187 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
i havent seen it on the drivers side but please do check and i would also be interested in knowing.
amorak 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

desh187: Could you be so kind as to list in as much detail as you can, the install process? Anything I should look out for, etc... Have you installed a remote starter as well, or just the remote entry?

Thanks again,
Jared

desh187 
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
2001 rav 4
12 volts white & BLACK/ red at ignitin harness
ignition-black
starter-red
dome-RED / white-9 pin conn in passenger junction block
park lights-green (+) steering col harn.
pwr lock-blue/white 12 pin conn at pass jb
pwr unlock-blue / YELLOW(-)
for driver priority,pulse blue / YELLOW(-)once for dr twice for all and blue/orange (-) 14 pin conn in driver kick panel.
tach -black at pass jb
ignition 2-BLACK / YELLOW
accessories-blue / YELLOW
brake light-GREEN / WHITE(+) at switch above brake pedal
hope this helps you out.
amorak 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  

Wow, prompt reply - Thanks!Keyless Entry/Remote Start on 2001 RAV4 -- posted image.

For the Ignition Harness, is that in the engine bay, or in the steering column? Have you used the Haynes for the 2001 RAV4, does it help at all with locations/wiring diagrams?

desh187 
Posted: November 14, 2003 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
the ignition harness is at the steering column and i have installed an auto start/alarm on this model and the wiring schematics is correct and installation gets easier when you have the location.
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2003 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
umm....the haynes manuals kinda suck if your working fast, a remote start diagram works wonders....     if anybody has tried to hook up an alarm or remote start with a hanyes manual, you know what i'm saying....takes forever...
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic