icon

Remote start brand?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
10tore 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2003 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
 I am looking for a remote start/alarm.  Was wasnting to know what everone likes better tach or tachless also if any one has a brand they like.  I was looking at the code TW2.  I also need power door locks for a 2 door 93 s10, I bought some from commando but did not like that designs fit in the door panel.  Thanks in advance :)
I'll drink to that!
HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2003 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  

try an autostart product.  will do everything you'd ever want it to, and more, and the range is excellent.  I've never dealt with a "tachless" unit, and not sure I'd want to...I like the unit to know definiteively that the vehicle is running!!

b

Dauber 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2003 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
Good unit, the autostart like HamiltonAudio said, try and get your hands on a AS6000TW or AS6010TW, same unit, different software versions.  I have a 1989 S10 Blazer and the unit has worked flawless.  As for the actuators, you'll have to design a bracket that goes inline with the doorlock rods, tricky but well worth it in the end.  As for tachless, thing of the past I think, again  i would have to agree I would definately like the unit to see my truck is started and running and not going to burn out my starter, those things ain't cheap!
Kyle@Audio Obsession Sound
HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2003 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  

Dauber wrote:
Good unit, the autostart like HamiltonAudio said, try and get your hands on a AS6000TW or AS6010TW, same unit, different software versions.  I have a 1989 S10 Blazer and the unit has worked flawless.  As for the actuators, you'll have to design a bracket that goes inline with the doorlock rods, tricky but well worth it in the end.  As for tachless, thing of the past I think, again  i would have to agree I would definately like the unit to see my truck is started and running and not going to burn out my starter, those things ain't cheap!

agreed, tachless "sense" is a thing of the past...and an unsafe thing at that.  You are not quite on the money with the 6000 and 6010 being different software vesions Remote start brand? -- posted image.  The 6000TW is an AM based system, the 6010TW is an FM based unit.  The buddy remotes are TOTALLY different, the antenna says FM on it, the plug is different, and the remotes have a bluish case rather than silver.  I don't mean to correct you...  but...  hehe.

b

Dauber 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2003 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
You are very right on that one, The new 6010TW which is FM technology also has more range than the AM one probably about 1000 more feet more or less.  Wish I had waited 6 months, I would have had a nicer remote as well as a buddy one way remote, and more range to boot.  Oh well, thanks for the correction though Hamilton.
Kyle@Audio Obsession Sound
brianh 
Silver - Posts: 516
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2003 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  
Also try looking into Commando alarms. I have been a dealer for them for almost a year now and I have had nothing but good luck out of them. No problems with the product,excellent range,and great reliability! Look them up and see great products at down to earth prices.
Brian
owner/installer
Sight & Sound Car Stereo
"all electronic equipment runs off of smoke, once you let it out, it stops working"
tuneman 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2003 at 4:41 AM / IP Logged  

DEI is a preatty reliable way to go. Of all the years I've put them in, the only real problems I've seen is because of installer error. They keep getting more installer friendly too.     ie  reversing polarity door lock/unlock triggers, a very easy programming menu (no more dip switches or pins) and so on.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic