icon

99 Olds Bravada alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vaderfop 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2003 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
Adding a alarm/remote start to a 99 Olds Bravada. after everything was done and i was testing the remote start i noticed that the dash lights and the instruments (tach/batt voltage/engine temp) were not working. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas.
Also on this same SUV, having a problem with the interior lights. when i lock the car, the lights come on, even if they were off, any ideas?
Remember check all your wires with a DMM!
Justaguy 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2003 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  

Do you have both ignitions hooked-up, and is it  when u lock the vehicle with the switch or r/s. Which lights are coming on in the inside?

vaderfop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2003 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, both ignitions are hooked up. Any time the engine is started the gagues do not work, including tach, temp, etc... Is there any way the passlock system could be doing this?
The interior lights stay on all the time. Whether you have the doors shut, car locked with the remote, manually...
Haku 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2003 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  

What wire do you have the parking lights hooked to?  And is it + or -  output from the remote start unit?

Hak
Siemens Autostart
vaderfop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2003 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
the parking lights are hooked up to the brown wire in the light blue plug at the BCM.
something else i just saw, i had information that this car has (+) door locks can you can get the wires at the BCM. however i just saw (for a different source) that it has 5 wire and you need to get the wires in the driver kick pannel. could this be the problem?
vaderfop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2003 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
fixed the problem with the lights
and i think i fixed the problem with the gages. i think the problem was that the tach wire was wrong, even though i used the wire that DEI said to use and it tested right. ewverything is working again now that i cut that wire. So, now i need a new place for a tach wire, any ideas?
vaderfop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
sorry to bring this back up...got everything fixed except i need a new tach wirethe information that i have says that it should be a white wire from the red harness in the PCM on the passenger fender (under the hood) how ever this is not the wire.any one know another place i can grap a tach wire?
vaderfop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2003 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
I am looking for a Tach wire in a 99 Olds Bravada.I have looked at the PCM and could not find it there.Any help would be appricated.
Thanks
Jon
mazdatruckin 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2003 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  

is it the 2.2L or 4.3L that makes a diff in its location

The PCM is located on the passenger fender. On the 2.2L the wire is in a black 80 pin plug pin 10, and on the 4.3L the wire is in a red 32 pin plug pin 20.. That's what I got. Try using an injector wire if you can reach it.

vaderfop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2003 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
It is the 4.3L, and I had that info as well...excpet that the wire is not there. Unfortunatly you can not go to an injector on this car because it has a singal internal injector.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic