icon

Commando fm-870 ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
I have a customer who wants me to install a commando fm-870 alarm/R/S. I have never heard of this company, i deal only with DEI or Audiovox. Is this product any good?, or am i going to wind up marrying the install !?!?!?. The guy hasnt purchased the commando yet Commando fm-870 ? - Last Post -- posted image. So maybe ill just talk him out of it if the unit is no good.
vaderfop 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
In my opinion everyone should go with DEI, I have only worked with a few other brands but DEI seems to be the best with the least problems. I have never worked with commando, but did hear a coupld problems with them, like just not as easy to work with. That could be bias though since most of the poeple I know only like to work with DEI.
Remember check all your wires with a DMM!
mxxmikexx 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, everyone is biased or has their personal opinion. i personally dont like installing DEI but their programming is easier. i prefer installing audiovox over DEI, but audiovox's programming sucks.
im just dont want to install this commando and then have nothing but problems, and then have the customer get all mad at me. cause they never understand that we dont make the product, we just install it.
vaderfop 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
You could just make hi aware of that fact. Or just decline the job, I know i sucks sending poeple away, but I think that the few times I have done that, it was for the best.
Remember check all your wires with a DMM!
padawan 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2003 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
Commando makes good products, dont' sweat it...That particular alarm is a good solid alarm/remote start/2-way, pretty decent range, I've never had any problems with it...I call it the Marksman M11...Commando stuff is all over the place, Impulse, Black Widow, Marksman, Amenity and SPAL are other names people slap on the box, but it's all Commando, Commando is made in the USA.
Go over to www.commandoalarms.com and check em out, good tech support too.
mxxmikexx 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i thought the picture i saw of it looked just like the spal/amenity/prostart piece. I've used prostart/amenity alot in the past and have good luck with them, but recently for some reasons ive had alot of boomarangs with modules going bad,bad range,just stupid problems, and then they make it hard cause they keep changing all the plugs so ive had a few instances where i basically have to do the whole install over because a newer brain wont be compatible with the plugs from a year ago.
padawan 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2003 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
To my understanding the FM-870 is a good unit, I say install it and don't worry about it, if u got 2nd thoughts, don't do it.
MrZappo 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2003 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
All I can say is watch out....  These units are ok but have some irritating issues. Commando tech support is questionalbe at best as they are quick to blame the installation as opposed to their unit ...
papadesouteneur 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2003 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
I have installed two of these units in the past month.  No problems here.  Excellent range

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic