icon

FM modulator hook-up issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
burly 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2003 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 2000 Chrysler T&C minivan. I am trying to hook-up a FM modulator but I cannot seem to get access to the back of the radio.

Has anyone installed on Dodge/Chrysler minivan. I need instructions on what part of the dash to disassmble to get to the antenna wire.

I am assuming this is how you hook-up by unplugging from the back of the radio, not at the antenna on the fender.

I cannot reach from under the dash, too much a/c other stuff in the way.

thanks

scottchambers60 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2003 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
Isn't the point of an FM Modulator to let you play music without having to mess around with your radio? I wired mine into an ignition hot power wire and use it to play my MP3 player over the 88.7 station. Unless we are talking about something completely different. If so I apologize...
Scott
burly 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2003 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
I didn't buy a wireless FM modulator.  I know how to hook up the power, but my question is how/where to connect the antenna wire.  The instructions with the FM modulator show it being connected somewhere between the antenna & the radio.  It doesn't give any details as to where exactly it should be connected.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2003 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
you will need to get behind the radio and connect the modualator to the antenna jack of the radio then connect the antenna wire into the modulator.
You are going to have to remove the radio, then make all connections and reinstall radio. It is almost impossible to do it if the radio is not out,
Look for hidden screws below the trim panel on the dash and remove any seen, if th epanel removes you should see the bolts holding in the radio. If the panel did not come off then the trim panel may be held in by clips you will have to pull on it a little to get it off just be carefull.
good luck.
Nocturnal 
Copper - Posts: 85
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2003 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  
Just for a bit of extra clarity.  The part that the instructions don't show you is that the fender antenna is connected to the car radio.  You will have to disconnect that and plug it into the FM modulator.  Then the FM modulator will have to be plugged into the car radio.  This is all so that the digital signal (sound) of whatever device you will be using can be converted to an FM signal recognized by your car radio's FM tuner.  And ditto on what mobiletoys states about getting to the antenna connector.   
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2003 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
"I need instructions on what part of the dash to disassmble to get to the antenna wire."
Your gonna need to pull the radio to get to the antenna lead. Basically you look at the bottom of the radio trim bezel you'll see a small trim piece that sits right above the cupholders. Open the cupholders and pry/pop that piece off. There will be 2 screws underneath that. Then you'll see another two screws at an angle going in near the top of the radio trim piece. Remove those two and then the radio trim piece can be pulled off. You'll need to undo the wire harnesses on the back to access the radio. Then there will be 2 10mm bolts holding the radio in. Remove those and you can pull the radio out and access the antenna lead. You should also have room back there to put the fm modulator. I don't think you'll need an antenna adapter for a 2000 T&C but not positive offhand..Pull the radio and take a look!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic