icon

03 Honda Accord dash removal

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Jgkiii 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2003 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

Can someone please tell me how to remove the dash faceplate in a 2003 Accord? I cannot find any screws or release tabs to get it off. I have pried and pulled as hard as I dare. I am trying to access the radio antenna coneector to install the XM modulator.

Thanks,

Joe

raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2003 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  
There are two screws under your dash directly under your stereo, and there is one screw behind your clock.  You must use a small pick tool to remove the clock.  Once you remove these 3 screw grab the bezel by the a/c vents and the pocket and pull.
Do it right the first time
zeiden 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2003 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

just order the how to books from crutchfield.com   They cost 4.99 and give you really good pictured details on how to do it yourself. 

www.crutchfield.com   

under: car products > car audio and video installation > how to books > Crutchfield Starter Kit  (followed by  your car invoice#) Car Audio Guide w/MasterSheets

I installed my own receiver and since have gone crazy over the fact that I did it myself.  Now I want to keep installing more things...tv's etc.

kenmci 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2003 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  

okay here's is how to remove the radio, it's a little complicated, but i'll try and be as accurate as possible.

First remove the center trim ring around the shifter.  There should two screws I believe toward the radio side of shifter.  Next remove the small pocket to the left of the cigarette lighter, it is held by clips.  There are two screws below that, remove the screws and lift out the assembly.  The next step is to pull out the center storage pocket it is held in by the clips make sure it is closed when you remove it. There are two 8mm bolts below the radio.

After doing all this you are still not done, remove the upper section with the vents and hazard light switch.  It is all one piece and is held in by clips.  There are three screws at the top of the radio.  The radio is then held in by clips. 

Jgkiii 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2003 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the guidance. I will look at it as soon as it stops raining.

Joe

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic