icon

can some one tell me what this means

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
03zx3 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2003 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
i did what mobile said got resistor soldered it inline cause i couldn't fine the + now i need to know hwo to take the switch off.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2003 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
what do you mean how to take switch off ??? The headlight switch should pull out it is held in with clips i think .if you use a pick or something small you should be able to pop switch out without a problem.
youngblood 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2003 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  

it's behind the junction block

and if memory serves me.... you don't unbolt it.... I thought it unclipped somehow.  We are talking about a 2002, correct?  turning this junction block to access the wire is a pain in the rear and I would suggest going the (-) parking light trigger route.... I've done enough of them so I can finesse the wire into a position to be tapped.... but I advise against it... it's just dug in too deep.  I know it's there... but I once said the same thing.... IT IS, the other option is under the vehicle.... you can find the black yellow wire headed toward the engine compartment along the running board but UNDERNEATH the vehicle.  Do yourself a favor and go the negative route.  As of the last few years I have found that shoving 12 volts down a vehicles throat begs for trouble.  Toyotas, especially the new 2004 Siennas  are highly intolerant to charging 12v into it's parking light system.  In fact... most of the Toyotas these days I use the negative parking light trigger... it's much more reliable.

03zx3 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2003 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  
yeah i figured it out u just grab and pull the dash piece around it and it comes right off, its clipped in, well the parking lights work like a champm with the neg done like that, resistor was easy and only cost a buck and i soldered it inline. thanks guys for all your help, eventually when i get time i am gonna hook up the dome and horn, just don't have time, since was also doing focus at same time. thank you again guys you are awesome
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2003 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
Great glad to hear you got it working!
youngblood 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2003 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  

good..... glad you went negative..... It's the way the manufacturer designed the lights to come on and dadgummit..... you should tell the lights to come on the same way.  Did I just say "dadgummit"? 

Do me a favor.... let me know how your horn comes out.... I loathe Chrysler horns.....Blech! Hack phooey!

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic