icon

95 Maxima Integrating factory+aftermarket alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Munkee 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2003 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  

Here's my dilemma. I have 95 Nissan Maxima with a factory alarm. It locks/unlocks doors (driver or all 4 doors it pressed twice, pops trunk, rolls down windows, and can turn on dome light.  Im looking to buy  a Crimestopper cs-2015fm. My problem is that Im not sure if I'll be able to keep the features from the factory alarm + the features the Crimestopper has with one control. What I mean is, can I combine the features from the factory alarm with the Crimestopper and only use the Crimestopper control. Or will I have to keep both alarms in order to keep the features I currently have. I have found several helpful installation sites that deal with the basics, but they dont show I would go about installing this alarm while keeping the factory alarm features. Could this be done? Would I need any extra relays? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I hope this made sense.

tom small 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2003 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  

although i'm not familiar with crimestopper products, as long as the unit has additional outputs you can make the alarm do whatever you want.  the factory alarm arms and disarms with the lock wires in the driver door - easy integration there.  as far as rolling windows up and down, do your windows roll up/down when turning and holding the key to lock/unlock in the driver door?  if so, this will be an easy integration as well - if not, you merely need to purchase a window control module.  all very do-able items.

Munkee 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2003 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  
tom small wrote:

as far as rolling windows up and down, do your windows roll up/down when turning and holding the key to lock/unlock in the driver door?

Actually the windows roll down (and only down) when I press and hold the unlock button on my control.  So usually when Im getting close to my car I just press and hold the button to roll down my front two windows to air out the car (works great in the summer). So do you know how I would get that to work? 

cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2003 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
I had similar questions about 2 months ago: Click here
I never did the install (not just yet)....but from what I gathered, you'll be able to lock/unlock the doors, open the trunk, and things like that with the new alarm. As for the window control, I don't think you'll be able to control them with the new alarm.
Q: What's the best nation in the world?
A: Donation!     Donate to the12volt.com      
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2003 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
You likely will be able to control the windows, but not the same way as the unlock feature on your factory transmitter since your unlock is timed at .7 seconds roughly, and you need a double pulse unlock. There are unit that are capable of doing all of this, but you would need to use auxiliary outputs. Im not sure about the crimestoppers capabilities though.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Munkee 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2003 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
cpgoose
Thanks for that link. So it seems we're trying to figure out the exact same thing. Well Im going to go ahead and order that alarm and do a little more research to figure out how this can be done.
jrilla
I looked up the system Im goin to get and I found this on the crime stopper website. Will this help me achieve what I need?
2 Remote Auxiliary Outputs (1 Momentary, 1 Pulsed) for Optional Power Trunk Release, Power Window Control Module, Accessories etc.
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2003 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  
As far as the windows go, the latched output would likely work if the windows are controlled by a continuous ground to the unlock wire. So what you would need to do is hook up your door unlock wire (double pulse)and your latched output to the unlock wire. The latch is likely reset with ignition on. or by pressing the auxilary button again. The trunk would use the pulsed output, and as far a drivers priority unlock, your unit would need that feature and then you would need to hook it up.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2003 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged  
No problem.......you might want to check out this post too. I posted at the Maxima forum that was suggested. It's an ok post...doesn't give a lot of info. Although the guy on there was saying that I'd need a window module to do the windows. That would be great if it would work without one...then you would only need the CS remote.
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2004 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged  
Actually no, I never got around to doing this car. The girl was having trouble with her car starting, so I told her to get it fixed first (which she never did). I knew what would happen would be that I would install the CS unit, and then her car would start worse, and the fingers would point towards me....so nope, it unfortunately never happened.
As for the trunk wire, I found (on websites):
12volt : purple / YELLOW at driver's kick
bulldog: PURPLE / white at keyless module in pass trunk
designtech: PURPLE / white at keyless module in pass trunk
Hmmm, not really sure what to advise here. Did you test the wires that you found, and then hit the trunk button to see if you received a signal?
Munkee 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2004 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
I didnt think about checking for a signal.  I'll go ahead and check that and see what happens. Thanks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic