icon

blinker pulse change off->on to on->off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dk2only 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2003 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  

Hey i did thise before with my old car but i lost my diagrams...

I have a dual filiment blinker bulb.

Cars oem factory settings are as follows:

P=parking signal (lights) (+) ; B= Blinker signal (lights) (+)

P= off / B= off --> - low wattage filliment is off & high wattage filiment is off

P=off / B=on--> - low wattage filliment is off & high wattage filiment is on (at pulses on/off/on/off etc)

P=on / B= off--> - low wattage filliment is on (at constant power - no pulse) & high wattage filiment is off

P=on / B=on --> - low wattage filliment is on (constant) & high wattage filiment is on (pulses)

Now.... I want to change it to:

wishful settings are as follows:

P=parking signal (lights) (+) ; B= Blinker signal (lights) (+)

P= off / B= off --> - low wattage filliment is off & high wattage filiment is off

P=off / B=on--> - Both High & low wattage filliments are on (at pulses on/off/on/off etc)

P=on / B= off--> - Both High & low wattage filliments are on (at CONSTANT no pulse)

P=on / B=on --> - Both High & low wattage filliments are off (at pulses off/on/off/on etc) = "idea?: maybe have two (+) to eachother canceling out the stream ?"

i want to do this for just my front blinkers for right now...

car using a dual filiment bulb  3 wires coming for the bulbs (parking) (ground) (blinker) above are details///

let me know if you can help me with any of this  ;)
Thank you
David"

dk2only 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2003 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
low wattage filament = park light
high wattage filament = turn signal...
dk2only 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2003 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  

ok maybe something easier?

i have a signal light that is NORMALLY OFF when it blinks it is ON

OFF/ON/OFF/ON

how do i reverse that ?

from being ON then when it signals it cuts off

ON/OFF/ON/OFF

superchuckles 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2004 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged  

well, you can do what you want, it's pretty easy.  you COULD try tying a positive from each (one wire, like parking lights to one side of the filliments, the other wire, the turn signals, to the other side of the filliments.... only problem is, in the daytime with the headlights off, when you hit the right or left turn signals, it will not balance correctly since you're lighting both the high and low elements on the front bulbs (i.e. it will pull so much current, that you'll end up lighting up the rear parking lights in order to turn on the turn signals).  actually, they wont light all the way, you'll just end up with a bunch of dim bulbs.  to eliminate the need to rely on using the bulbs that are not in operation for grounding bulbs that ARE in operation, you could use something like this diagram (it requires that your bulbs sockets do NOT ground the outside part of the bulb when it's plugged it into the socket) - you tie the common filliment wire (that's normally the ground) to pin 30 on the two outer relays, and tie the other two filliment wires (normally the parking lights and the turn signal light wires) together, and tie to pin 30 of the center relay.  the relays provide direct ground and direct battery hot, so there is no reliance on other bulbs being used as ground, and making all of them dim (which would happen mainly in the daytime - when you need them the brightest).   anyhow, here's the diagram:

blinker pulse change off->on to on->off - Last Post -- posted image.

superchuckles 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2004 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  

yikes!  that pic didn't come thru very well, i'll try again......

blinker pulse change off->on to on->off - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic