icon

Wavy lines on my monitors!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jaheim 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2003 at 1:57 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, before I tell you my problem just want to say keep up the good work on the post and replies, it has answered some of my questions. Ok my problem is with my monitors and the picture quality. I have a 02 Escalade and have 8 monitors installed. All 8 tv's have wavy lines. My headunit is a Clarion VRX610 and my headrest and roof flip down is SAVV. I also have the SAVV rear view mirror installed and headrest monitors are SAVV. Im running (2) Clarion video amp's, Pioneer switcher, SAVV tv tuner, SAVV dvd player and a rear view camera. All are running from a Yellow Top battery. The install shop keeps telling me that its the current from the battery and thats why I recieve a poor picture. It just seems to me their making up an excuse so they don't have to check all the wiring. My questions are; Will moving the power wires for the tuner,switcher,dvd player on the composite side of the car help? If I have one bad RCA wire will it effect all the screens? Would the bad signal or bad wire be from the dvd player? One thing i've noticed is the picture on the TV tuner is fine and its only when the DVD player is on. When switching menu's on the dvd, the signal is fine but when the picture shows up it gets wavy. Im not a expert but the install looks very sloppy and seems like they don't want to waste time fixing the problem(s). If you anyone can help or make some suggestions it would help when I bring in my truck in the next day or so.

Thanks!

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2003 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
It could be a bad DVD player or a feedback problem if two video components are on the same signal line at the same time. Try hooking just the DVD to the screen inputs. Then if it works fine try introducing componenets back into the video signal line one at a time starting with the video switcher and so on. Let a logical trial and error process find the problem. Good luck.
sparky
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2003 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
Try putting the DVD player to a different power source.  When I had a power converter and a dvd player hooked up to my monitors i bad them all spliced into the same power source.  But then i ran a direct power wire to the pbattery to power the converter and the dvd player and the lines went away.  The lines are the power currents coming from your dvd player.  So try this and see if it helps out.
jaheim 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2003 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys for the respones. The problem was bad wiring so I've spent close to $500 so I can replace all the wiring. It would have been wise if I went with better cables in the first place.
ir8st8 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2003 at 6:08 AM / IP Logged  

make sure your grounds for the monitors are as short as possible.... i had lines bad and that cleared it up... hope this helps

"thats red to negitive and black to postive....... right?"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic