icon

Omega DM-1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Haldol 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2003 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  

simple really: anyone know or have access to the wiring diagrams that go with an Omega DM-1 door lock interface?

(for those who dont know, the DM-1 is a device that allows keyless entry to be done on alarms that lack keyless entry output. it uses the "negative-output-when-armed" wire)

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2003 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
i didnt see your first post. i will find that info for you. do u all ready have the DM1????
the basic set up is as follows:
unit uses a neg output from the alarm. that output will hook up to the orange wire on the DM1.
the red wire goes to 12 volt. i would put a fuse in-line.
the black goes to ground.
the pink wire will go to other devices such as starter disable.
the rest of the wires depend on what tpye of door lock system you have.....
if you post the system type, i will take it from there...
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
Haldol 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2003 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  

yes i do have the dm-1. im looking for all diagrams for it so i can use it to the best of my ability

can you help?

draasch 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2003 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
u can call 1-800-554-4053 and they can fax one to you....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2003 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  

is that kinda like the DLS?

Haldol 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2003 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
yeah it is like a dls. its going on a 1991 f150... reverse polarity
Haldol 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2003 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
job done. see new post/
Haldol 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2003 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  

thanks to everyone who lent a hand to me on this. its been some time since i had to use a DM-1. my problem was that i was trying to use a reverse polarity relay pack (1991 F-150) AND the DM-1 at the same time. thats why i kept popping fuses. so come to find out, the DM-1 does all the work with no additional relays needed. Also come to find out, i knew this before but had forgotten it... 2 yrs of not working with a DM-1 will cause that!

again thanks to everyone. if someone is really good with relays, id like to speak with them concerning how the DM-1 works... the wires are as follows: red, black, purple, pink, orange, blue, brown, green, white. when i wired it,

the blue and green went to the unlock motor and the lock motor respectively. i would think that they would be pin 30 on the relays inside the dm-1 the brown and white wires went to the unlock and lock switches respectively. i would think that they would be pin 87a on the relays in the dm-1

the orange went to the "negative-when-armed" output of the alarm, the pink is for additional items that would require a negative armed output (such as starter disable).  im not sure where this would go on the relays... pin 85??

black was ground. im not sure where this would go on the relays, if anywhere

red and purple went to 12V constant... im thinking they would take care of pin 87 and 86...

who knows? the job is done nonetheless

draasch 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2003 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
the DM1 was designed for one piece units that did not have any lock outputs. it will take a neg output from the alarm and give you the lock output that you need for most types of door lock systems.....i find that the DLS work great with alarms that have a neg output for the door locks.....i use them on different brands of alarms...the best part is that the relays are already wired for you.....just hook them up and your off and running....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2003 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  

we've been using the DLS relay packs for a long time, but found it to be a pain in the ass having to cut the Omega plug off the trigger leads, solder the centre red wire to violet (for power) and then do the install.  Have been getting packs that are aesthetically identical, only wired up slightly differently with NO plug (all raw wires).  This saves dramatically on the "before-hand-tweaking"...

There's also a small "inverter pack" available that has a relay network built in, similar in look to the typical INV200 type neg to pos inverter (only much larger).  It is slightly cheaper than the cost of a pair of relays and the socket, and much slicker to wire....

either way works!

b

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic