icon

1999 Cadillac DeVille

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Haldol 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2003 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  

i posted this elsewhere but i think here would have been better...

anyway Tuesday night im doing small system in a 99 Caddy Deville. front, rear speakers; tweets; and a Pioneer head with XM receiver and of course, XM antenna.

im predicting this to be a Bose system. the old 91 and 92 devilles would have me run speaker wire to all speakers to bypass the individual amps. in the 99's, are the amps still on the speakers or did Bose wake up by then and do a centrally located amp.

is there anything in particular that anyone can think of that i should know? if the amp is centrally located, is there a bypass plug available? any one have an idea as to what the color codes will be on the amp? i doubt they are going to be the conventional GM wire colors...

CharlzO 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
To the best of my knowledge, BOSE kept the amp on the speakers. I know I did a Catera and they were set up that way. As for the wire codes, check out the diagram section here on the Vehicle Database. I know the Catera I did had like, a pre-amp in the rear deck (but when I did it, I had like, nothing to go on. It had been an auction car, wires were sliced, and all speakers were gone.
I had bad credit. Anyone have any they can loan me? lol
JiggaFan 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=25135&PN=2

that's my post.  the title doesn't show, but it's directly related to the hell of a '94 Deville Concours install.

also, if you haven't located a dash kit, chances are there isn't one to be had.  don't be surprised if you're fabricating some isht for the dash.  and you might be better off with a deck that has the pre-amp outputs wired away fromt he deck (you know, those 3 - 6" preamp leads) instead of one that has the preamp outputs in the decks chassis.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic