icon

MA audio subwoofers?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
Very curious what amp you are using? 5000W ??? There are less than a handfull of car amps that can actually deliver the required voltage/current to drive half that power and then for how long or how distorted??
JBL/Crown has made a monster car amp that is 5KW or so brideged. the A6000GTi. 30"x23"x8". 150LBS!!! Get out the 1/0 and a 300 Amp Fuse! This amp sounds like an adaptation of the MA-5002VLz used in concert rigs. Serious Power. It should come with a 225A Alternator!
A few ideas . . .Why not run additional drivers and use the 3db additive theory to increase SPL?? If you are worried about power handling, 4 VC's can absorb more power than 2 VC's with less compression. Reduce amperage draw and increase SQ.If you power compress your woofers, they won't last and sound like hork! Power and headroom are important, however you need paper to move air!
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
i would run multiple brahma 15's
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
l7sdime 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  

yeh me and my bro have been thinkin about doin that Maxst. But they arent that cheap. the 15's are about 440 a piece. And we would need at least 3. This amp is a custom made Planet audio its 5000 watts bridged 2500 mono @ 1 ohm. there are only 6 and me and my bro each got one. so i can put 2500 watts to one sub. or more than that it just depends. he has a 96 chevy silverado extended cab and i have a 96 s-10 extended cab. Its amazing the room he can get out fomr underneath the window. He can make a 20 cu ft box fir under his window and between the seats. I can get about 8.5 thats another reason i was looking to get one really bad sub cuz im kind of limited for space. im looking for mostly spl and im just wanting it to run people out of the truck. Im kind of thinkin about maybe a eclipse 18 pro or a treo engineering 18. I have heard that they both have massive amounts of spl. I know that RE and DD are good but i cant find anywhere to buy them on the internet. O and beyond audio inhumans are awesome i have heard a pair and they were VERY loud but i cant find them either. If anybody can help me it would be of great assistance. thanks

Wes

pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
With the eclipse Titanium pro you will kill yourself. lol not really. But i would seriously suggest getting that sub if you want to impress people. Also i would starti looking for 1 inch MDF.
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
Intensecustoms 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
i would recomend the treo 18 csx series its the most powerful sub ,and best ive ever heard and ive carried over20 different brand .you probably wont find them on the net because there to new ,you might find them on e-bay but if someones selling them there absolutely crazy .if you need more info on treo contact intensecustoms@netzero.net or call my shop i carry them and i have yhem in stock
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic