icon

'01 Ford Focus, performance Teknique starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rvcullen 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2003 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Ford Focus 2001 and recently installed a perfomance Teknique ICBM-7071 alarm with starter.  Everything seems to work fine except the starter which runs for a few seconds and then shuts down. it tries this a few times with no success.  I tested the tach wire at the alarm and get about 4.3v AC at idle.  It seems to be a problem with learning the tach signal which I can't get right.  DOes anybody know of a website or phone number for performance teknique or a main company that can help. 
Geeque 
Silver - Posts: 310
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
Do you have a theft light that blinks on dash display?
Gary Kline
MECP Master Technician
CBS Installs 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like pats to me. make sure your bypass has a programmed key or that you are using a pats2 bypass module and that your ground out when running works
Regards,
Craig Stevens
CBS Installations Drayton Valley AB
(780)621-1302
rvcullen 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have a bypass module installed also and it works fine.  The car won't even crank if it does not have a good signal anyway.  the dash light turns on steady and the car cranks and starts but shut down aftef about 3-5 seconds.  It seems to be me not understanding the bad directions in the manual about hooking up the tach wire.  it does say it could be hooked up to the generator also, but I do not know how that works.
rvcullen 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2003 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
I have a performance Teknique ICBM-7071 alarm/starter which does not want to learn the tach signal.  I get 3-4 volts AC at the terminal on the alarm but it won't keep the engine running.  It says in the manual that I can change the jumper to Generator and hook it up somewhere thet gets 3-4VDC at ignition thet goes up to 12VDC when running.  Anybody have any ideas on how to get that.  I have a Ford Focus 2001.  And ,yes the transponder bypass is working fine.
rvcullen 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2003 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
I have a remote starter that can use a tach input or generator input.  It is having a problem learning the tach signal (it's getting 3-4VAC).  Does anybody know how the genrator hookup works. i have a ford focus 2001.  It says it would need 3-4VDC at ignition and 12vDC when started).  BTW it's a performance teknique ICBM-7071 alarm.
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2003 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
The phrase *generator* loosely used, means the alternator.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
achang7 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2003 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
hi i have the same alarm and when i open a door the stupid alarm blinks the city lights 10 times if i close the door the blinks stop, only when i open the door it starts flashing regardless if engine on or off. Is it suppose to be like this? And also if you could make a copy of that manual for the alarm can you email it to me or give me info on where to get that at. My email is: achang72003@yahoo.com thanks. I'm selling mines and misplaced the manual i already sold it too and the guys buggin for it. Got $80 for it used, not bad, i'm using a clifford now a regular alarm. Some much better and convenience when it comes down to feeling for the button.
tom cat 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2003 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
try a fuel injector had the same problem with a dei remote start on a 02 it fixed the problem
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2003 at 2:29 AM / IP Logged  

its not pats, it wouldnt crank if it was.

ive been on the phone with dei about the new avital 4000 and 42000 units not being able to adapt to ford tach signals too well but this isnt a dei product.  but if it was, dei recommends going to an injector.  the foucuses ive done recentlry measure in the 2 volt range at idle.  try getting the tach at the coil, its a BLACK/ green wire.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic