icon

Dynamat Extreme vs. Fatmat?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Durwood 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2003 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  

Has anyone here used both Dynamat Extreme and Fatmat?  I used Dynamat extreme on my wife's car, and was very happy with it, but I'm looking to do my Charger now, and Fatmat is about one-third the price of Dynamat Extreme.  Considering that a 1972 Dodge Charger with a 440 Magnum is a *little* bit bigger than her Toyota Paseo, and a *little* louder (grin) , the savings would add up quick.

Comparing the two, they both have almost the exact same thickness and density, and they both have an aluminum backing.  Since the density and thickness are the same, one should perform as well as the other.  I'm more concerned about how well Fatmat sticks, and how easy it is to apply?  Anyone here used both and can compare them for me?

Thanks,

Scott Gardner

GSRrR 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  

You ever heard of raammat?

http://www.raamaudio.com/

I tired some and I really like it.  I am thinking about getting a second roll.

Durwood 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  

I looked at the RAAMmat, but I don't think it will work quite as well for me.  It's thicker than either the Dynamat Extreme or the FatMat, but it's significantly less dense than either Dynamat or Fatmat.  Since the name of the game for sound deadening is simply adding mass to the car's panels, I'd probably have to go with more coats of RAAMmat, and since it's thicker, I'm concerned about the extra bulk.  In fact, three layers of RAAMmat is as thick as four layers of Dynamat or FatMat, and still doesn't add as much mass.  Since there are parts of my car that I know will need at least two layers, and possibly three, I'd prefer going with the thinner, denser brands.

Scott Gardner

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2003 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
I used to use Dynamat for all of my installs, and then a few years ago I tried Brown Bread http://www.b-quiet.com/brownbread.html, and have used it in all of my installs since.  It’s defiantly comparable in deadening quality and very affordable. Brown Bread is the choice of many  pro installers and is very easy to apply.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic